- February 6: The Players' Club pirates try to sabotage a Kel-Morian Combine operation on Chanuk. With the aid of the Dominion Marine Corps, the plan is foiled.
The following section contains timeline information which isn't necessarily in chronological order.
Note that the following events all take place prior to October of this year.
- Augustgrad is bombarded for two days by a song titled Wings of Liberty. It comes to be a hit among the Kel-Morian Combine.
- The 4th Annual Hydralisk Derby is held.
- Casino Port Zion extends its "happy hour" for all Dominion officials.
- As Alien Enigmas nears release, Jake Ramsey releases an audio fragment of protoss music in order to promote the digi-tome. He later speculates that the protoss on Shakuras are embracing change to ensure that the world does not meet the same fate as Aiur.
- The Dominion Armed Forces undertake a trio of emergency drills to assess response times and defensive capabilities.
- A Dominion press conference hints as to the existence of the Odin.
- Michael Liberty sends a message to Jim Raynor. It is intercepted and analyzed by Dominion officials.
- Dark Prelate Zeratul's journeys take him to Ulaan, Zhakul and Aiur, decrypting a xel'naga prophecy that hints of a dark future. Through the spirit of Tassadar, he learns of the impending threat to the galaxy, and that Sarah Kerrigan, who is also aware of the coming threat, is the only one that can prevent annihilation.
- The Dominion has begun excavations of an alien artifact on Mar Sara. The process goes on until October.
- Jim Raynor visits the ruins of his old home on Mar Sara. Simultaneously, the Dominion Armed Forces carry out an annexation of the planet, raising tensions among its citizens.
- After a recent episode of Dominion exploitation on Mar Sara, the Raiders carry out an attack on the logistics headquarters there.
- Tychus Findlay contacts Commander Jim Raynor at Joeyray's Bar, the pair engaging in a business partnership in retrieving alien artifacts for the Moebius Foundation. One such artifact is recovered from the Dominion.
- In response to the raid on the artifact, the Dominion declares martial law on Mar Sara, claiming that the retrieval of the artifact was a raid led by insurgents to claim bio-weapons. Kate Lockwell reports on the incident.
- The zerg invade Mar Sara, landing at the artifact's dig site. The Raiders hold out long enough for extraction by the Hyperion.
- Simultaneously, Sarah Kerrigan led a zerg attack on several Terran Dominion worlds, beginning the Second Great War. Emperor Arcturus Mengsk withdraws the Dominion Fleet to protect the core worlds, leaving the fringe worlds to fend for themselves.
- October 6: The Raiders recover a zerg tissue sample.
- October 7: The Raiders acquire a second alien artifact piece on Monlyth from a Tal'darim base, beating out zerg forces dispatched there for the same purpose by Kerrigan.
- 10/??/'04: Zeratul confronts Raynor on the Hyperion, giving him an Ihan crystal, explaining his previous encounter with Kerrigan and knowledge of the xel'naga.
- Stardate 282-5837-73: The Raiders investigate a Dominion space platform orbiting Castanar. It is revealed that research into protoss-zerg hybrids is being carried out.
- After a few weeks of star trekking, the retrieval of artifacts leads the Raiders to an alliance with Valerian, who intends to use them to make Kerrigan human. The final artifact is retrieved from a derelict xel'naga worldship and the path to Char lies open.
- Valerian's Dominion fleet and Raynor's Raiders invade Char. After long and bloody combat, the xel'naga artifact is successfully activated, restoring Kerrigan to her human form.
- Arcturus Mengsk and the rest of the Dominion Armada arrive, intending to terminate Kerrigan. Valerian and Raynor flee with her, sparking a small scale civil war. Due to her illness, they meet up with Dr. Emil Narud, head of the Moebius Foundation to try to treat her. However, Narud betrays them and makes common cause with Emperor Mengsk. He escapes with the artifact, while Raynor and Valerian escapes, taking Kerrigan to a secret Umojan Protectorate laboratory.
- For over two weeks, Valerian subjects Kerrigan to a number of tests, seeing how she reacts to stimuli.[note 2]
|The next article in this series is 2505.|
- ↑ A number of sources listed the events of Heart of the Swarm as occuring in 2506. However, the timeline in StarCraft II: War Stories establishes that, among other things, Kerrigan reached the Umojan lab in 2504, but had to flee in 2505. As only three weeks pass between the end of Wings of Liberty and the beginning to Heart of the Swarm, the events below must occur in December of this year.
- ↑ This testing period potentially begins and/or extends into 2505.