Infested colonist hut (Wings of Liberty)
Evolution chamber (HotS)
20 (+20 vs armored, HotS only)
+2/+1 vs armored
The aberration is a powerful infested terran variant with a thorny carapace and a lower half made of pincers.
Zagara later created some aberrations for Kerrigan (which were at this time full-fledged zerg, able to be morphed from larvae) to use in her assault on General Horace Warfield's compound on Char. Aberrations also participated in a raid on the Dominion storage world Brokas Hur, where they helped steal a large quantity of jorium crystals from a crashed cargo ship. Aberrations were also present on Korhal during the final siege of Augustgrad.
Wings of LibertyEdit
The aberration appears in missions where infested terrans are prominent. It is very powerful with a lot of HP and armor, and a powerful melee attack. However, it can be brought down easily enough with concentrated fire.
Heart of the SwarmEdit
The aberration has less HP than in Wings of Liberty, but a powerful buff to its damage against armored targets. It also has the passive ability "Towering," that lets it walk over other units similar to the colossus, but without vulnerability to anti-air attacks. While the in-game text says the aberration can walk over small units, the Massive and Light unit types have nothing to do with this ability. The only zerg units the aberration cannot walk over are infestors, swarm hosts, ultralisks, and Sarah Kerrigan.
The aberration is an excellent support attacker for ranged units like hydralisks and roaches; when the ranged units stop to fire at enemies, the aberration can still walk over them to get to its targets, and moves as quickly as a zergling to get there. They are powerful throughout the game since many terran enemies are of the armored type. In the late game, aberrations offer complimentary skills to the ultralisk; while ultralisks are effective against clusters of small units, aberrations are better against small numbers of armored units. The ultralisk also allows variable upgrades and its noxious or torrasque forms to enhance its combat potential, while the aberration is static and has no potential upgrades.
- The aberration is also a portrait reward available in StarCraft II for the Team Zerg 250 achievement.
- Aberrations were previously known as centaurs. It has 'baneling bubbles' on its back and was originally intended to be a cross between a baneling and infested colonist, exploding like the former. The final aberration has a different combat role; its explosion upon death is purely cosmetic.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Phill Gonzales. Starcraft 2: Zerg Aberration. Deviant Art. Accessed 2011-02-10.
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty. (Activision Blizzard). PC. Mission: Wings of Liberty, Haven's Fall (in English). 2010-07-27.
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty. (Activision Blizzard). PC. Mission: Wings of Liberty, Outbreak (in English). 2010-07-27.
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty. (Activision Blizzard). PC. Mission: Wings of Liberty, Belly of the Beast (in English). 2010-07-27.
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm. (Activision Blizzard). PC. Mission: Heart of the Swarm, Old Soldiers (in English). 2013-03-12.
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm. (Activision Blizzard). PC. Mission: Heart of the Swarm, Mutalisk Evolution (in English). 2013-03-12.
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm. (Activision Blizzard). PC. Mission: Heart of the Swarm, The Reckoning (Heart of the Swarm mission) (in English). 2013-03-12.
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II. (Activision Blizzard) (in English). July 27, 2010
- ↑ Michael McWhertor. 2009-08-17. First StarCraft II Single Player Campaign Hands-On (With Spoilers). Kotaku. Accessed 2009-08-29.