This article or section contains information from StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void.
The content may change substantially over time.
13 (23 vs. light)
The adept is a slow-moving core gateway unit with a ground-only ranged attack and normal movement speed. This unit utilizes its psionic transfer ability to teleport to nearby locations. It is designed for harassment.
It is intended that the adept serve as a core unit option in mid/late game, taking on roles once held by the zealot and stalker, and in some cases, doing better. Its psionic transfer ability is distinct from the stalker's blink ability, in that blink is more focused on twitch-based micro, while psionic transfer is based on the timing and positioning of the teleport. The adept can be controlled independently from the copy it generates.
Projects an invulnerable psionic image that can move but not attack. After 7 seconds, the adept teleports to the image’s location. The shade may be canceled at any time, and the adept won't teleport.
The following section contains information from a previous version of StarCraft II which is no longer valid.
It received a buff to its health as it was weaker in gameplay than the developers had anticipated.
Blizzard has considered allowing an option to trigger when the adept teleports as per its psionic transfer ability. However, they feel that doing so will make it too similar to the stalker's blink ability.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 Legacy of the Void Units, Blizzard Entertainment. Accessed on 2015-04-18
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void beta. (Activision Blizzard) (in English). March 31, 2015
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 2015-10-02, Legacy of the Void Beta Balance Update -- October 2, 2015. Blizzard Entertainment, accessed on 2015-10-03
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 2015-04-14, Legacy of the Void Beta: Balance Update Preview. Blizzard Entertainment, accessed on 2015-04-17
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 2015-03-31, StarCraft II Legacy of the Void Beta Release Patch Notes. Blizzard Entertainment, accessed on 2015-04-03
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Blizzard Entertainment. 2015-03-18. Legacy of the Void Beta Preview. Blizzard Entertainment. Accessed 2015-03-18.
- ↑ 2015-03-19, StarCraft II: Legacy of The Void Beta Starts March 31. The Escapist, accessed on 2015-03-21
- ↑ 2015-03-31, StarCraft II Legacy of the Void Beta Release Patch Notes. Blizzard Entertainment, accessed on 2015-04-03
- ↑ . Blizzard Entertainment. Blizzcon 2011 - Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm - Multiplayer Panel
- ↑ Starcraft II: Legacy of the Void - Collector's Edition, Amazon.com. Accessed on 2015-03-13