At least 1
Bird and fish species
Zerg infested world
Agria is a planet in the Koprulu sector.
Agria was a relatively barren fringe world until it was terraformed by Doctor Bernard Hanson, who founded a colony there and became its chairman. Agria boasted a wide range of cutting-edge research and terraforming equipment due to its status as one of the primary botanical reserves of the Terran Confederacy. The colony remained relatively safe and prosperous over the years. With the fall of the Confederacy in 2500, the Terran Dominion stationed a permanent defense force on Agria, which became one of its principal botanical and wildlife preserves.
In August 2502, the small town of Hudderstown Colony, inspired by rebel leader Castor Mezzo, was almost exterminated by a single female ghost. The town was rescued by the War Pigs, a band of outlaws, who killed Mezzo before leaving. A Dominion official, visiting the town afterward, considered the colonists "irrelevant".
In 2503, a heavily armed group of pirates stormed Agria, intent on stealing the colony's hi-tech scientific equipment. Dominion marines engaged the pirates, carelessly slaughtering colonists who were caught in the crossfire. The pirates were eventually driven off the planet.
During the Second Great War, Agria was invaded by the zerg. The Dominion abandoned the colony and the zerg overwhelmed the planetary defenses. People were evacuated to the main starport, but after twelve hours the zerg attacks became so intense that Doctor Ariel Hanson sent out a distress call.
Hanson's distress call was answered by Raynor's Raiders, who guarded the highway from Larks' Crossing as the remaining convoys were sent to the starport. After the evacuation was successful, remaining Agrian colonial troops stayed behind to hold off the zerg attackers long enough for the last transport to leave at the cost of their lives.
Early development images of Agria depicted it as being a somewhat barren world.
- ↑ Campaign Overview. Blizzard Entertainment, accessed on 2010-08-07
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Blizzard Entertainment staff. 2010-07-24. Cast of Characters: Ariel Hanson. Blizzard Entertainment. Accessed 2010-07-24.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty. (Activision Blizzard). PC. Mission: Wings of Liberty, The Evacuation (in English). 2010-07-27.
- ↑ Furman, Simon (w), Federico Dallocchio et al. (p, i). "StarCraft #4" StarCraft 1 (4) (September 16, 2009) DC Comics (Wildstorm).
- ↑ 2008-10-13. StarCraft II expanded campaign. Gameplanet. Accessed 2008-10-16