The DSS Aleksander was a battlecruiser and the flagship of the United Earth Directorate during their invasion of the Koprulu Sector. It was commanded by Admiral Gerard DuGalle; other crew included Malmsteen. Alexei Stukov was also stationed at the Aleksander due to his rank as second-in-command.
After the UED was soundly defeated by Kerrigan, DuGalle composed a final letter to his wife and shot himself in his quarters. The zerg swarms overtook the UED fleet soon after, and the Aleksander was destroyed along with the rest of the fleet.
- The Aleksander does not exist as a game unit; it is represented in missions by either a normal battlecruiser or a battlecruiser hero unit renamed "Aleksander." An unfinished version can be extracted from the game files.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft: Brood War. Vivendi Games. Cinematic: UED Victory Report (in English). 1998.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 StarCraft: Brood War. Vivendi Games. Cinematic: Brood War Introduction Movie (in English). 1998.
- ↑ StarCraft: Brood War. Vivendi Games. Cinematic: The Ascension (in English). 1998.
- ↑ StarCraft: Brood War. Vivendi Games. Level/area: Epilogue (in English). 1998.
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft Map Editor. (Blizzard Entertainment) (in English). March 31, 1998
UED Expeditionary Fleet base of operations
|UED Expeditionary Fleet Base of Operations in Koprulu|
|Preceded By||Duration||Succeeded By|
None (UED Expeditionary Fleet established)
None (UED Expeditionary Fleet destroyed)