Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The DSS Aleksander was a battlecruiser and the flagship of the UED Expeditionary Force during their invasion of the Koprulu Sector. It was commanded by Admiral Gerard DuGalle; other crew included Malmsteen. Alexei Stukov was also stationed at the Aleksander.
The Brood WarEdit
The Aleksander was at a terran colony in the early stages of the Brood War, where the UED unleashed zerg upon a group of colonists as a means of observing the zerg in action. The Aleksander remained above the battlefield, never firing a shot. Satisfied with the demonstration, DuGalle ordered the ship leave the planet, leaving the colonists to their fate.
The ship was present at Char after the UED successfully pacified the Overmind. It was from the ship that DuGalle confronted by Sarah Kerrigan, who warned him that the UED's control of the zerg would be short-lived. The ship left the field of battle as accomapnying valkyries engaged Kerrigan's mutalisks.
After the UED was soundly defeated by Kerrigan, DuGalle composed a final letter to his wife and shot himself in his quarters. The zerg swarms overtook the UED fleet soon after, and the Aleksander was overcome by the swarm along with the rest of the fleet.
The End WarEdit
The Aleksander was later infested by the Zerg Swarm. Such was the severity of the infestation was that it took on the appearance of a living ship. After an infested Alexei Stukov joined with Sarah Kerrigan's forces he reclaimed the ship as his own. During the End War, Stukov fielded the ship against the Amon's Forces.
In StarCraft: Brood War, the Aleksander does not exist as a game unit; it is represented in missions by either a normal battlecruiser or a battlecruiser hero unit renamed "Aleksander." An unfinished version can be extracted from the game files.
The Aleksander will serve as a calldown for Alexei Stukov in Co-op Missions, where it will be an infested battlecruiser. It appears to attack enemies using tentacles, in a manner similar to the spine crawler.
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft: Brood War. Vivendi Games. Cinematic: UED Victory Report (in English). 1998.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft: Brood War. Vivendi Games. Cinematic: Brood War Intro (in English). 1998.
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft: Brood War. Vivendi Games. Mission: To Chain the Beast (in English). 1998.
- ↑ StarCraft: Brood War. Vivendi Games. Cinematic: The Ascension (in English). 1998.
- ↑ StarCraft: Brood War. Vivendi Games. Level/area: Epilogue (in English). 1998.
- ↑ 2016-11-12, BlizzCon 2016: StarCraft Interview with Allen Dilling. YouTube, accessed on 2016-11-16
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 2016-11-05. StarCraft 2: Lead Game Designer Interview At BlizzCon 2016!. Blizzard Entertainment. Accessed 2016-11-065.
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft Map Editor. (Blizzard Entertainment) (in English). March 31, 1998