Alpha waves are psionic emanations produced by psionic terrans such as ghosts when they are using psionics. Psionics can recognize other psionics through their alpha waves. While they can track the area of a fellow psionic by their alpha waves, they do not allow them to pinpoint their exact location.
Zerg can detect ghost psionic emanations, although this fact was relatively unknown among the general civilian populace prior to the invasion of Maltair IV. Due in part to a Terran Dominion propaganda campaign, this became common knowledge during the hunt for Colin Phash. Black widows are able to detect alpha patterns, swarm a target area, and explode.
- ↑ Neilson, Micky (December 18, 2000). StarCraft: Uprising. Simon & Schuster (Pocket Star). ISBN 0-7434-1898-0 (eBook).
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Neilson, Micky (w), Edouard Guiton (i) and Sandra Molina (c). (November 29, 2016). Nova: The Keep. Blizzard Entertainment. Nova: The Keep Accessed 2016-11-29.
- ↑ Grubb, Jeff (February 27, 2001). StarCraft: Liberty's Crusade. Simon & Schuster (Pocket Star). ISBN 0-671-04148-7.
- ↑ Benjamin, Paul and Dave Shramek (w), Sevilla, Hector (p, i). "Weapon of War." In StarCraft: Frontline: Volume 1 (paperback binding), pp. 94–139. Tokyopop, August 1, 2008. ISBN 1427-80721-3.
- ↑ Benjamin, Paul and Dave Shramek (w), Sevilla, Hector (p, i). "War-Torn." In StarCraft: Frontline: Volume 3 (paperback binding), pp. 6-47. Tokyopop, July 14, 2009. ISBN 978-1427-80832-5.