Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
You may be looking for:
Amanda Haley was a young medic, and had spent two years serving on a space platform. Although she possessed telekinetic powers, a "gift" that sometimes drew the attention of others, she somehow escaped the notice of those in the Ghost Program. However, she, along with her team, did not escape the attention of the Queen of Blades. She was imprisoned in a cell on a space platform infested by the zerg.
Haley spent a week in captivity, listening as the cell doors of her companions opened as they were taken to whatever fate awaited them. She tried using her psionic powers to undo the lock of her cell but a combination of fatigue and some kind of psionic dampening in the station made her efforts useless.
Eventually she came to the conclusion that if she could save her strength, somehow ferret away a reserve of her energies, then perhaps she could store enough energy to gain freedom.
The gamble paid off in that when the cell door opened, Haley unleashed her psionic powers on the infested terran sent to retrieve her, destroying its skull. She thus made a break for the hangar.
"Just go ahead and get it over with."
"Oh, we shall."
- Kerrigan confronts Haley(src)
Haley's escape was doomed from the start, considering that Kerrigan had jettisoned all of the craft there. An infested terran sampled her blood. Haley was not aware of the results, but it mattered little; she was infested just the same. Due to some incompatibilities between her genetic code and the formula that Kerrigan was using (which Kerrigan knew about), Haley became a slobbering, malformed, half-zerg, half-human genetic defect, robbed of any humanity or intelligence.
- Amanda Haley's hair is described as blonde, in spite of the cover for the story depicting her as having red hair.
The following section contains information from a previous version of StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm which is no longer valid.
- According to a panel at BlizzCon 2011, the character Izsha who appears in StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm was actually Amanda Haley. However, no references to this appeared in the game or on Izsha's hero page.
Neilson, Micky. "StarCraft: Hybrid." Amazing Stories 601 (Spring 2000): 70-75.
- ↑ SoMuchMass. 2011-10-22. BlizzCon 2011 - Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm - Campaign and Lore Panel (Full). Youtube. Accessed 2011-10-22.
- ↑ 2011-21-10, Interview: Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm - Campaign and Lore Facts You Need To Know. G4TV, accessed on 2011-21-10