The Archangel is a large Viking variant.
- Archangel description(src)
The Archangel featured improved ground attack capabilities over the Viking. In addition to chaingun cannon, it carried ground-to-ground missiles, and blades were mounted under the cannon. The Archangel could strike ground targets in aerial mode with bombs. The force from landing was also hazardous. It weighs over 600 tons.
During the Second Great War, an Archangel deployed against Umojan Protectorate Research Station EB-103 on XT39323. The vehicle obstructed the evacuation of the station by holding the shuttle bay. Sarah Kerrigan destroyed it.
During the End War, Moebius Corps came into possession of an Archangel, and dispatched it to Char to aid Amon's forces in besieging Bama Kowalski's fortress on the planet. Kowalski wanted the Archangel for herself, and tasked the allied forces aiding in her defense to destroy it so she could salvage and rebuild it after the battle. During a battle on a terran research station, Archangel pilot Cal aided allied commanders in destroying death shards set to destroy the platform.
The Archangel appears as a boss of sorts at the end of "Back in the Saddle". It has four attacks.
In ground mode, it fires cannon and has a missile barrage. A barrage is marked before hand by a cluster of red ground markers.
In air mode, the Archangel strafes in straight lines. Strafing runs are marked before hand by red lines. Drop pods landing three marines each accompany strafing runs. It creates a shockwave causing AOE damage when it lands.
The Archangel reappears in the Co-op Mission "Void Thrashing" as a bonus objective. It transforms and flies across the map after taking enough damage, and when left alone begins rapidly regenerating health. It is still vulnerable while in assault mode, and can be shot down with anti-air units as it transforms to escape.
An Archangel helps players on the "Part and Parcel" map, and players must gather scrap from around the map in order to reactivate it. The Archangel will then attack a nearby death shard, and help the players destroy it. Even if the Archangel is destroyed, it will just go back to spawn and need to be rebuilt again.
During development the Archangel was known as the Titan.
Heroes of the StormEdit
Archangels appear as the boss mercenary on the Braxis Holdout map of Heroes of the Storm. It starts off as an infested unit, but a natural one will fly in after the infested version is defeated. The Archangel makes it way down a lane, unleashing missile barrages and areas of fire with its cannons.
An archangel is an angel of high rank within Abrahamic religions.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm. (Activision Blizzard). PC. Mission: Heart of the Swarm, Back in the Saddle (in English). 2013-03-12.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Blizzard Entertainment. Rock the Cabinet 2017 – Winners Announced . Youtube.com. Accessed 2017-07-28.
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void. Vivendi Games. Co-op Missions: Void Thrashing. (in English). 2015-11-10
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void. (Activision Blizzard). PC. Mission: Co-op Missions Mutator, Violent Night (in English). 2016-12-19.
- ↑ 2013, Terran Viking Titan WIP. Accessed on 2015-12-10
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. Heroes of the Storm (Blizzard Entertainment) (in English). June 2, 2015