- Archangel description(src)
Large ground/air combat vehicle
The Archangel is a large Viking variant.
The Archangel featured improved ground attack capabilities over the Viking. In addition to chaingun cannon, it carried ground-to-ground missiles, and blades were mounted under the cannon. The Archangel could strike ground targets in aerial mode with bombs. The force from landing was also hazardous.
During the Second Great War, an Archangel deployed against Umojan Protectorate Research Station EB-103 on XT39323. The vehicle obstructed the evacuation of the station by holding the shuttle bay. Sarah Kerrigan destroyed it.
During the End War, Moebius Corps came into possession of an Archangel, and dispatched it to Char to aid Amon's forces in besieging Bama Kowalski's fortress on the planet. Kowalski wanted the Archangel for herself, and tasked the allied forces aiding in her defense to destroy it so she could salvage and rebuild it after the battle.
The Archangel appears as a boss of sorts at the end of "Back in the Saddle". It has four attacks.
In ground mode, it fires cannon and has a missile barrage. A barrage is marked before hand by a cluster of red ground markers.
In air mode, the Archangel strafes in straight lines. Strafing runs are marked before hand by red lines. Drop pods landing three marines each accompany strafing runs. It creates a shockwave causing AOE damage when it lands.
The Archangel reappears in the Co-op Mission Void Thrashing as a bonus objective. It transforms and flies across the map after taking enough damage, and when left alone begins rapidly regenerating health. It is still vulnerable while in assault mode, and can be shot down with anti-air units as it transforms to escape.
During development the Archangel was known as the Titan.
Heroes of the StormEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm. (Activision Blizzard). PC. Mission: Heart of the Swarm, Back in the Saddle (in English). 2013-03-12.
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void. Vivendi Games. Co-op Missions: Void Thrashing. (in English). 2015-11-10
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void. (Activision Blizzard). PC. Mission: Co-op Missions Mutator, Violent Night (in English). 2016-12-19.
- ↑ 2013, Terran Viking Titan WIP. Accessed on 2015-12-10
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. Heroes of the Storm (Blizzard Entertainment) (in English). June 2, 2015