Its tribal color is orange.
Tens of thousands of years ago, the Auriga Tribe was the first to construct sailing ships, captivated by the thrill of exploring the unknown (a trait that the Auriga still bear).
The Auriga suffered a heavy blow in the war against the zerg and, courtesy of taking the side of the Conclave against Tassadar and the Dark Templar, conflict against their fellow protoss. In the end, although the Overmind was eventually defeated, the Great Fleet had been decimated by this point. By the Second Great War, the fleet was restored.
Auriga is Latin for "charioteer". The emblem of the Auriga tribe somewhat resembles the constellation Auriga, or a sail.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Underwood, Peter, Bill Roper, Chris Metzen and Jeffrey Vaughn. StarCraft (Manual). Irvine, Calif.: Blizzard Entertainment, 1998.
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft. Vivendi Games. Mission: Homeland (in English). 1998.
- ↑ Aldaris: "Without the Conclave to lead us, or the protection of our great fleets, it seems we must fend for ourselves." StarCraft: Brood War. Vivendi Games. Level/area: Escape from Aiur (in English). 1998.
- ↑ Races: Protoss. Blizzard Entertainment, accessed on 2010-08-07
- ↑ Golden, Christie (June 30, 2009). StarCraft: The Dark Templar Saga #3: Twilight. Simon & Schuster (Pocket Star). ISBN 978-0-7434-7129-9.