Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Automated tournaments are a feature introduced in Legacy of the Void.
Automated tournaments are tournaments that players sign up for on battle.net; and play over the on that same day. For example, when one logs on to battle.net and there is a tournament going on at a certain time, the player choose to sign up for that tournament and finish up playing that tournament that same day. Each session will last 3-4 hours. Each match is limited to 25 minutes. If the game reaches the 25-minute limit, victory will be awarded to the player who has the highest experience point value. Experience is accrued throughout the game by earning money, constructing units, destroying units, etc. Finishing a match will mark the player as ready for the next round, and once everyone is marked as ready, the next round will start. If the player marks theirself as "not ready," they will have until the start of the next round before they have to check in again. Maps may be vetoed in a lobby system which includes chat. Emphasis is placed on matching players in accordance with their equivalent skill level.
A player may only enter one tournament at a time. Once the tournament begins, the player is locked into that tournament even if they log out or close your client; any matches they do not play will be automatically forfeit.
- 3-Round Tournaments
- Schedule: Monday–Thursday
- Duration: Approximately 60–90 minutes
- Format: Single-elimination bracket
- 6-Round Tournaments
- Schedule: Friday–Sunday
- Duration: Approximately 3-4 hours
- Format: Group Stage -> Single-elimination bracket
By taking part in tournaments, players can win trophies and league icons. Upon winning a tournament, the player will be granted a 3D trophy with the league icon that’s associated with the tournament. Each trophy one collects will display the format type and time of the tournament where they won. In addition, all the trophies a player earns will be displayed in a section of their profile called the Trophy Case. In addition to the Trophy Case, a 3D trophy model will appear next to the player's bases in-game for the remainder of the ladder season.
With the implementation of Patch 3.2, trophies will have the option for alternate tops.
- ↑ 2015-06-11, BlizzCon 2014 – StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void Multiplayer Panel Transcript. Blizzplanet, accessed on 2015-06-23
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2015-08-19, Automated Tournaments Coming to Beta. Blizzard Entertainment, accessed on 2015-08-27
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 2015-10-21, An In-Depth Look At Automated Tournaments. Blizzard Entertainment, accessed on 2015-10-25
- ↑ 2015-12-02, BlizzCon 2015 The Future of StarCraft II Panel Transcript. Blizzplanet, accessed on 2015-12-14
- ↑ 2016-03-15, Patch 3.2 Preview: Trophy Tops Incoming. Blizzard Entertainment, accessed on 2016-03-21