The bengalaas hunts in packs and is a fearsome predator. It has been noted to play with their prey like a house cat plays with a mouse. Their pack hunting tactics are acutely intelligent, capable of bringing down prey several times their size. The colors of their pelts range from purple to grey with purple spots.
Even prior to the Great War, bengalaases were hunted by terrans for sport. Some bengalaases are kept in the terran-operated Bengalaas Exhibit and by 2504, had been introduced to Korhal's ecosystem.
Bengalaas appear as critters in StarCraft on the jungle (Aiur) tileset. If killed, they will disappear in a blue flash, akin to protoss organic units. For the protoss this is caused by a teleportation device to retrieve wounded soldiers, while the reason for the flash is unknown for the bengalass.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Blizzard Entertainment. 2010-07-24. Koprulu Sector Systems: Aiur. Blizzard Entertainment. Accessed 2010-07-24.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Golden, Christie (April 12, 2011). StarCraft II: Devils' Due. Simon & Schuster (Gallery Books). ISBN 978-1416-55085-3.
- ↑ 1999-12-30, Mousetrap. StarCraft Compendium Map Archives. Accessed on 2008-01-01
- ↑ 2000-08-04, Pridelands. StarCraft Compendium Map Archives. Accessed on 2007-11-20
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. 2010-07-24. Koprulu Sector Systems: Korhal. Blizzard Entertainment. Accessed 2010-07-24.
- ↑ Karune. 2007-01-22. StarCraft II Q&A - Batch 26. Battle.net StarCraft II General Discussion Forum. Accessed 2008-01-22.