BlizzCon 2008 was announced on May 12th, 2008 by Blizzard. It was held at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, California on October 10 and 11. In response to the demand to accommodate more attendees, that year's event expanded from two convention halls to three.
Highlights for BlizzCon 2008 include;
- Hands-on play time with upcoming Blizzard Entertainment releases
- Discussion panels with Blizzard Entertainment developers
- Competitive and casual tournaments for players to showcase their talents
- Areas and activities devoted to licensed products such as the World of Warcraft® Trading Card Game
- Costume, machinima, and character sound-alike contests with great prizes
- Commemorative merchandise based on the Blizzard Entertainment franchises
- A silent auction
- Samwise Didier and Dustin Browder explained the unit-creation process.
Tickets for BlizzCon went on sale at a price of $100 USD per person starting August 11, 2008. As the event draws closer, further details will be announced on the official BlizzCon website.
- StarCraft II Gameplay (Friday October 10th, 3:00 PM PST)
- StarCraft II Art (Friday October 10th, 4:30 PM PST)
- StarCraft Lore (Saturday October 11th, 12:00 PM PST)
- Blizzard Cinematics
- Blizzard Sound and Music
Schedule and FloorplanEdit
Blizzard Entertainment and DirecTV showed 16 hours of Blizzard game events live at BlizzCon. Fans who subscribed to DirecTV through Blizzard's special offer were able to watch the live coverage for free.