- StarCraft II press Q&A, discussing technology, map editors, heroes and the trilogy mechanics.
- The StarCraft II Gameplay Panel, featuring the terran campaign Wings of Liberty, can be seen at  and 
- The Queen now builds creep tumors (rather than drones), and the vespene gas mechanic has changed to somre extent.
- See three excerpts from the StarCraft II gameplay panel at http://starcraft.org/videos.php; Zeratul meeting Infested Kerrigan on a mysterious world, Sarah Kerrigan abandoned to the zerg (labeled as Nova), and Raynor and co. being rescued from Mar Sara by the Hyperion. See more excerpts, including Findlay and Raynor meeting, at http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/55266
- At the StarCraft gameplay panel, StarCraft II was revealed to be split into three products: the terran campaign (Wings of Liberty), the zerg campaign (Heart of the Swarm) and the protoss campaign (Legacy of the Void). Each will ship separately, in that order. See the video of the announcement here: http://www.wegame.com/watch/Starcraft_2_Trilogy_Announcement/
- At the opening ceremonies for BlizzCon 2008, Mike Morhaime announced that StarCraft II beta keys are being given away to BlizzCon attendees. No report on when the beta test will be.
- Official BlizzCon 2008 StarCraft II screenshots can be found on numerous fansites, such as Starfeeder.
24th September 2008 - BlizzCon Live Stream !!!
WoW Radio will be streaming BlizzCon's announcements and panels live and for free. Afterwards the material will be packaged into podcasts for later downloading and listening. Details at Blizzplanet's announcement and WoW radio podcast.
- ↑ Chris Sigaty, Samwise Didier. Blizzcon 2008 StarCraft 2 Press Q&A. StarCraft Source. Accessed 2008010-12.
- ↑ Leord. 2008-10-11. BlizzCon StarCraft 2 Gameplay Findings. StarCraft Wire. Accessed 2008-10-11.
- ↑ Mike Farley. 2008-10-10. StarCraft II Single Player Is A Trilogy! Kotaku.com Accessed 2008-10-10.
- ↑ Eduardo Vasconcellos. 2008-10-10. Blizzcon 08: StarCraft II Split Into Three Games. IGN. Accessed 2008-10-10.
- ↑ Chris Faylor. 2008-10-10. StarCraft 2 Beta Access for BlizzCon Attendees. Shacknews. Accessed 2008-10-10.
- ↑ Medievaldragon. 2008-10-10. Wildstorm - Starcraft Comic Book on 2009. Blizzplanet. Accessed 2008-10-10.