Terran Dominion (2503–late 2504)
Terran Dominion flagship
|Power||Class 10 Fusion|
|Shield||Active for Warp and Orbital Insertion|
|Range||Variable; Standard Equip: Koprulu Sector|
|In-System Speed||1 AU per Cycle|
The Bucephalus was constructed at the Ursa Shipyards, and commissioned in 2503. It was 560 meters long and 82.4 meters wide. A year later, it had a crew complement of 8,239 and was Emperor Arcturus Mengsk's flagship.
Rebel RendezvousEditCrown Prince Valerian Mengsk took the Bucephalus to the Moebius Foundation rendezvous point after Raynor's Raiders had retrieved part of a xel'naga artifact from Typhon XI. With its shields down, Commander Jim Raynor and Tychus Findlay came aboard and battled Dominion marines. Raynor found Valerian, who offered him a chance to rescue Sarah Kerrigan.
Battle of CharEdit
After the last piece of the artifact was recovered, the Bucephalus led half the Dominion Fleet to Char. Once the Bucephalus was in high orbit, Raynor and Valerian met with General Horace Warfield on the bridge. Valerian contacted his father from there to informed him of the undertaking. The Bucephalus was then caught in a zerg surprise attack. Warfield told everyone to clear the bridge.
The bridge of the Bucephalus appears in Wings of Liberty cinematics. Its starmap model was repurposed from its counterpart on the Hyperion. The paintings featured in the cutscenes however, were done by Blizzard's art department rather than its cinematic one. The bridge was originally going to feature in the story mode space of the game in a similar vein to the Hyperion sets. The player could interact with a window, a phonograph, and a painting of Angus Mengsk.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Blizzard Entertainment. 2013-01-22. StarCraft II Creative Development Q&A - Part 13. Blizzard Entertainment. Accessed 2013-01-22.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Golden, Christie (November 6, 2012). StarCraft II: Flashpoint. Simon & Schuster (Gallery Books). ISBN 978-1451-65962-7.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Valerian's Observatory, accessed on 2012-07-19
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty. (Activision Blizzard). PC. Cinematic: Heir Apparent. (in English). 2010.
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty. (Activision Blizzard). PC. Cinematic: Dangerous Game. (in English). 2010.
- ↑ 2014-08-30, Unused HoTS Story Elements. StarCraft Legacy, accessed on 2014-09-01
|Terran Dominion Flagship|
|Preceded By||Duration||Succeeded By|