By way of entertainment, the cantina features a jukebox, The Lost Viking arcade game, a holographic dancer and a flatscreen. Tosh and the Screamers give performances on Saturday nights. It also contains nostalgic items or various trophies garnered from missions.
During the Second Great War, Jim Raynor spent a great deal of his time drowning his sorrows in the cantina, drinking alone and remembering Sarah Kerrigan's betrayal by Arcturus Mengsk and her infestation by the zerg. Matt Horner managed to shake him out of his stupor however.
Later on in the conflict, the cantina became the location of much discussion in regards to Raynor's alliance with Valerian Mengsk and his intention to return to Char. Tychus Findlay and Milo Kachinsky were opposed to the alliance, but Rory Swann supported Raynor's decision. The discussion became physical when Findlay threw Swann. Raynor managed to subdue the convict in a bar fight. The bar's jukebox was destroyed in the process (though it was soon fixed).
The player can interact with the bar and its inhabitants via point-and-click mechanics. Major characters will engage in conversation, while minor ones utter one-liners.
- Tychus Findlay
- Graven Hill (little dialogue, but provides mercenary contacts)
- Gabriel Tosh (first appears after "The Devil's Playground", disappears if mission "Ghost of a Chance" is played)
- Marcus Cade
- Milo Kachinsky
- Egon Stetmann (occasionally)
- Annabelle Thatcher
- Ajendarro Ybarra
The television shows UNN's Vermillion Live after most missions; it is hosted by Donny Vermillion, and Kate Lockwell makes frequent appearances. The content often pertains to the previous mission undertaken by the player. Commercials are shown occasionally.
These items can be seen hanging above the Cantina door on the right side of the screen, except for Raynor's old marshal badge which hangs to the left of the door.
- Zerg claws
- Jim Raynor's old marshal badge
- Protoss plaque (earned after mission Haven's Fall)
- Banner from Agrian colonists (earned after mission Safe Haven)
- UNN plaque (earned after mission Media Blitz)
- A voodoo doll with a knife through it (earned after mission Ghost of a Chance)
- A damaged New Folsom Prison sign (earned after mission Breakout)
- Zeratul's Ihan crystal (unused on final version, found on map editor. Search for the file SM_HyperionCantinaProgressZeratulCompletion.m3)
Over the years, the Raiders have visited many locales and acquired exotic and interesting recipies for alcohol, their sources ranging from backwater worlds to megacities. Known liquors include the following:
- Benson Cognek
- Brian & Bernie's Skotch Whiskey
- Giant Rooster
- Gritton's Single Malt Whiskey
- Mai Tai
- Mar Sara Mud
- Moonwell Tequila
- Scotty Bolger's Old No. 8 Whiskey
- Umojan beer
- Zacked Absinthe
- ZROM Rum
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty. (Activision Blizzard). PC. Cantina (in English). 2010.
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. 2010-07-16. Jammin'. Blizzard Entertainment. Accessed 2010-07-16.
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty. (Activision Blizzard). PC. Cinematic: ...Who We Choose To Be. (in English). 2010.
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty. (Activision Blizzard). PC. Cinematic: Bar Fight. (in English). 2010.
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty. (Activision Blizzard). PC. General television (in English). 2010.
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II Map Editor. (Activision Blizzard) (in English). July 27, 2010
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 2011-05-13, Shaken Not Stirred. Blizzard Entertainment, accessed on 2011-05-26