25 (queen only)
Queen, creep tumor
The creep tumor is a structure which extends the creep. It resembles a cluster of boils protruding from the creep.
Creep tumors are created by queens or by other creep tumors and must be built on creep.
The creep tumor is burrowed, rendering it stealthy. The stealth enables "offensive" creeping. In the single-player Wings of Liberty campaign however, creep tumors are always able to be seen even without detector units. Later in Heart of the Swarm campaign it gained its burrowed ability again. Many missions feature the zerg dropping sacs on the player's base, spawning a creep tumor in addition to the occasional reinforcing zerg units.
The queen forces a creep tumor out of her bowels.
Alternatively, each creep tumor may create a single additional creep tumor, using the same build time but no energy cost. This changes the tumor's appearance.
Creep tumors can only be created upon the creep, and within a range.
Creep tumors could play a role with players making "creep highways".
Heart of the SwarmEdit
In Heart of the Swarm, the creep tumor gains a new spawning animation.
When Kerrigan gets to a certain level creep gets spread faster and farther.
Friendly units gain 30% attack speed and 200% life regeneration while on creep. Creep tumors spread creep faster and farther.
The following section contains information from a previous version of StarCraft II which is no longer valid.
In older versions of StarCraft II the creep tumor could evolve into a shrieker. Shriekers extended the range of swarm clutches to anywhere within its own detection radius, and through careful positioning could effectively double their attack range in some cases.
Patch 1.5 Test ChangesEdit
As of August 2012, Antiga Shipyard was be used to playtest upcoming changes. Blizzard reduced the creep tumor build radius, vision radius, and creep spread radius from 10 to 8, in order to make it more difficult for a zerg player to spread creep over the entire map.
Heroes of the StormEdit
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment staff. 2014-08-14. Units: Queen. Blizzard Entertainment. Accessed 2014-08-14.
- ↑ Karune. 2009-02-18. StarCraft II Q&A - Batch 49. Battle.net StarCraft II General Discussion Forum. Accessed 2009-02-18.
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. 2012-06-08. Heart of the Swarm Update - New Videos (StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm - Battle Report (Protoss vs Zerg)). Blizzard Entertainment. Accessed 2012-06-08.
- ↑ Mielke, James. 2008-05-08. The Dangerous Book for Zerglings: The latest intel on Zerg units and structures (page 2). 1up.com Accessed 2008-05-08.
- ↑ AGMLauncher. 2008-03-12. Starcraft 2 Zerg Details & Trailer. GameReplays. Accessed 2008-03-20.
- ↑ Leord. 2008-06-30. List of New Zerg Changes. StarCraft Wire. Accessed 2008-06-30.
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. 2012-08-08. Call to Action: Balance Testing. Blizzard Entertainment. Accessed 2012-08-09.
- ↑ 2014-05-30, Blizzard Says Heroes of the Storm Is "Much Closer to a World of Warcraft Experience". Gamespot, accessed on 2014-05-31