You may be looking for:
The following section contains information from the Diablo series and is not canon.
Diablo is a game universe created by Blizzard Entertainment's discontinued subsidiary Blizzard North. Unlike StarCraft and the original Warcraft games, Diablo is an action RPG and hack'n'slash series. The Diablo series consists of Diablo and its expansion pack Hellfire, Diablo II and its expansion pack Lord of Destruction, and Diablo III, released in 2012. Blizzard's Battle.net service premiered with the game Diablo, and the second game to support Battle.net was StarCraft.
References to StarCraftEdit
One of the more well known aspects of the original Diablo game was something that didn't actually exist. Rumors started of a "cow level" with varying instructions or ideas on how to enter such a place and what existed in this level. Despite Blizzard's claims to the contrary, such rumors persisted, individuals even creating fake screenshots. The issue was finally laid to rest in StarCraft, where the cheat for instant victory is to type in "there is no cow level".
Ironically enough, due to popular demand from fans, The Secret Cow Level actually was created for Diablo II, although this was after StarCraft came out, so at the time StarCraft came out, there was no cow level.
- The observer, if clicked on enough times, will state "I sense a soul in search of answers." This is a line taken from the Diablo character Adria. The Arbiter will react similarly, albeit "We sense..."
- Another quote from the Observer is "That sounds like a... a HUGE, GARGANTUAN, SWOLLEN, BLOATED MUSHROOM!" This is taken from the Diablo character Griswold's comments during the Black Mushroom quest.
- The planet Abaddon, one of the worlds of StarCraft: Ghost, has the same name as the zone Abaddon found in Act V of Diablo II: Lord of Destruction. Similarly, the setting of the Diablo series is a world named Sanctuary. A region of Shakuras in StarCraft is named likewise.
- A Battle.net multiplayer map for StarCraft is named "Diablo" and patterned after the Satanic pentagram motif commonly used in Diablo games.
- In reference to the series is the Cineplex 5000 film Diablo-The Musical.
- Diablo himself makes an appearance in the StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty campaign mission "The Devil's Playground".
- The Wizard Templar, Witch Doctor Zergling and Tyrael Marine portrait are available for players who purchased the Diablo III Collectors Edition, as well as the Diablo III Skull, Wizard, Barbarian, Witch Doctor, Monk and Demon Hunter decals.
- The Crusader Marine, Crusader Zealot, and Crusader of Blades portrait, as well as the Soul Reaper decal are available for those that purchase the Diablo III: Reaper of Souls digital deluxe or collector's edition.
- The Diablo Marine portrait and Diablo Skull decal are available for those that purchase the StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty collectors edition or its digital rerelease.
- The Overlord of Terror portrait is available to those who purchase the StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm collector's or digital deluxe editions.
- Hydralisk and ultralisk skulls can be found in the background of Diablo III acts.
- A probe pet and Artanis-themed transmog set are available through the digital deluxe or collector's edition of Legacy of the Void.
- As part of the Diablo 20th anniversary event, all worker portraits in StarCraft II were temporarily changed to be Diablo.
- In the StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void mission Into the Void, a treasure goblin appears on a floating island in the southeastern corner of the map. If attacked, it will vanish into an invisible portal.
- As part of a cross promotion with Heroes of the Storm, players who completed the "Malthael's Bargain" event received Queen of Ghosts Kerrigan wings in Diablo III.
- A Tal'darim probe pet is available in Diablo III for those who purchase the BlizzCon 2017 War Chest.
- A Diablo portrait is available by default as a spray in StarCraft II
- ↑ Starcraft II: Legacy of the Void - Collector's Edition, Amazon.com. Accessed on 2015-03-13
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void. (Activision Blizzard). PC. Mission: Into the Void (mission). (in English). November 10, 2015
- ↑ Malthael’s Bargain, Heroes of the Storm.com. Accessed on 2017-06-25