- Terran firebat(src)
The firebat is a type of terran infantry specialized for close-quarters combat.
Firebats are "armored assault troopers". Firebats are often attached to provide support for marine squads. They are typically armed with dual arm-mounted flame throwers and wear heat-resistant fireproof armor similar to those used by marines, although heavier.
During the Great War, Terran Confederacy firebats were equipped with wrist mounted Perdition flamethrowers and CMC-660 combat suits. The vulnerable flame tanks are protected by containment fields. United Earth Directorate firebats were armed with the C-140 "Epyon" Plasma Incinerator Cannon.
- A Dominion marine on firebats' use of CMC-660 armor(src)
As with marines, many firebats are recruited or conscripted from "culturally challenged" persons. Such individuals undergo neural resocialization and receive aggression inhibitor implants as part of their training. Firebats are almost exclusively composed of resocialized criminals and psychotic pyromaniacs. During the reign of the Confederacy, firebats were infamous for being high-risk, unstable individuals, and older personnel manuals recommended the exclusive use of resocs or pyromaniacs for firebat duty. Still, volunteers are not unheard of: in the Confederate Marine Corps, an individual had to have a PEB (Preferred Experience Base) of at least three months combat experience to become a firebat.
- For StarCraft gameplay information see: Firebat (StarCraft).
- For StarCraft in-game quotations see: StarCraft I Firebat Quotations.
This article or section contains information about StarCraft: Ghost, which has been declared non-canon. Elements may be taken as 'flavor lore' however.
In StarCraft: Ghost multiplayer, the firebat was equipped with flamethrowers. In addition, it launched laser-guided or manually guided napalm rockets. The rockets had greater range than the flamethrowers.
In the Invasion Mode, a firebat cost three points.
- For StarCraft II gameplay information see: Firebat (StarCraft II).
- For StarCraft II in-game quotations see: StarCraft II Firebat Quotations.
Heroes of the StormEdit
- Main article: Terran firebats
- Lieutenant Jack Frost
- First Sergeant Gui Montag
- Sergeant Bud Morris
- Private First Class Fetu Koura-Abi
- Private Ekart
- Private Hank Harnack
- Private Eugene Malik
- Private Harper Utley
- Private Wabowski
- Billy Bob
- Trevor Jacobs
- Franko Tildon
- The firebat's portrait in StarCraft II is a mix of StarCraft firebat portrait with StarCraft II marauder portrait.
- Space fel orcs, which resemble terran firebats, appeared in the map editor of Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne as well as the final cinematic (the latter only on difficult mode).