The glaive wurm, or glave wurm, is a semi-sentient parasite utilized by mutalisks. Mutalisks attack by firing the parasites with great force. The parasites may bounce off and strike multiple targets while disintegrating explosively, able to ravage entire armies.
The glaive wurms are launched from a mutalisk's modified ovipositor. They trace their origins to the glave parasite, which bonded with the mantis screamers prior to their assimilation by the zerg.
The following section contains information from a previous version of StarCraft which is no longer valid.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 2014-09-25, Mutalisk Science. Blizzard Entertainment, accessed on 2014-09-27
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Mutalisk. StarCraft Compendium. Accessed 2008-08-24.
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void. Collections Tab: Skins. July 19, 2017
- ↑ Bogdanove, Kal-El. "Frenzy." (Feb. 28, 2013). Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft Lore: Frenzy Accessed 2013-02-28.
- ↑ Hidden Pics, Angelfire. Accessed on 2018-06-06