The Armada was created by order of Hierarch Artanis with the explicit intention of using it to retake Aiur, as it was the only shared interest between the Khalai and Nerazim. At some point the armada's existence was discovered by Radio Liberty.
During or prior to the Second Great War, the Golden Armada took part in an operation on Taurus IV, where the zerg had established a foothold. The armada bombarded the hive cluster from orbit, destroying the zerg's fortifications on the world and warping away the protoss forces on the surface.
Heart of the SwarmEdit
A group of protoss went on an expedition to the ice moon, Kaldir. There they met and engaged a zerg brood led by broodmother Nafash. At some point, Nafash was killed and her brood became dormant. Later, Kerrigan went to Kaldir to reclaim the lost brood and engaged the Protoss Expedition. Their Expedition Leader attempted to contact the Golden Armada, but failed.
Legacy of the VoidEdit
- Hierarch Artanis(src)
After Kerrigan took the Swarm away from the Koprulu sector in order to confront Amon, the Protoss Protectorate was presented with its opportunity to retake Aiur. That the terrans could no longer pose an issue due to the carnage of the Second Great War was another boon. Artanis took the fleet under his command in an effort to retake the lost protoss homeworld. After a period of preparation, the Armada launched an invasion of Aiur, in order to deal with the zerg that remained on it. At least one beachhead was established on the planet's surface, where ground forces held off the zerg long enough for a pylon to be deployed, allowing zealots to warp in en masse, engaging the zerg on more equitable terms.
Recall To Aiur Edit
The Armada was later called back to Aiur in response to Artanis attempting to use the xel'naga Keystone to purge Amon from the Khala. However, Artanis and his allies were able to destroy the psi-matrix that would've enabled them to instantly warp back to the planet, forcing the Armada to come the long way. When they arrived, the Golden Armada aided Amon's zerg in besieging Artanis' base, but the Hierarch's forces, consisting of freed Khalai, Nerazim forces, Purifiers, and the Tal'darim Death Fleet, were able to hold them long enough for the Keystone to charge and contain Amon's influence, enabling the corrupted Khalai to sever the nerve cords and thus permanently freed themselves of his control.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 2014-11-07, StarCraft II Legacy of the Void Campaign Overview. YouTube, accessed on 2014-11-13
- ↑ Burns, Matt. "Children of the Void." (Oct. 13, 2015). Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft Lore: Children of the Void Accessed 2015-10-13.
- ↑ 2015-04-09, A Time for Templars: Protoss. Blizzard Entertainment, accessed on 2015-04-10
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II. (Activision Blizzard). PC. Mission: Retaliation (in English). 2016-06-20.
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm. (Activision Blizzard). PC. Mission: Heart of the Swarm, Harvest of Screams (in English). 2013-03-12.
- ↑ 2015-06-22, E3 2015 – PCGamer StarCraft II: Whispers of Oblivion Prologue Missions Announced. Blizzplanet, accessed on 2015-06-24
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void. (Activision Blizzard). Cinematic: StarCraft II: The Story So Far (in English). 2015-10-27.
- ↑ 2014-11-11, BlizzCon 2014 – StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void – Characters. Blizzplanet, accessed on 2014-11-11
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void. (Activision Blizzard). YouTube. Cinematic: StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void opening (in English). 2015-09-13.
- ↑ 2015-10-16, The first mission of StarCraft 2: Legacy of the Void (Campaign gameplay & impressions). YouTube, accessed on 2015-10-18
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void. (Activision Blizzard). PC. Rohana (in English). 2015.
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void. (Activision Blizzard). PC. Cutscenes: Spear of Adun (in English). 2015-11-10.
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void. Mission: Templar's Return. (in English). November 10, 2015
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void. Mission: Salvation. (in English). November 10, 2015