A Handheld Personal Information-Gathering and Navigation Unit, HPIGNU or Pig for short, is a terran-designed scanning device. It is a small rectangular device with a screen and keypad, and has been in use since at least the Guild Wars.
- Atmospheric Sampling: Can discern whether surrounding air is breathable, and check it for dangerous compounds and airborne microorganisms.
- Identification: Can discern a person's identity, used by the Confederacy during the Guild Wars for this purpose. It cannot, however, detect cloaked protoss.
- Organism Detection: Can detect organisms such as leeches and zerg.
- Sanitation: Can tell if water is safe.
- Terrain Detection: Able to detect the terrain at a long distance and show the best routes to a destination.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Golden, Christie (November 27, 2007). StarCraft: The Dark Templar Saga #2: Shadow Hunters. Simon & Schuster (Pocket Star). ISBN 0-7434-7126-1.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Dietz, William C. (April 6, 2010). StarCraft II: Heaven's Devils. Simon & Schuster (Gallery Books). ISBN 978-1416-55084-6.
- ↑ Irvine, Alex. "“Great One”." (April 11, 2013). Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft Lore: Great One Accessed 2013-04-11.