You may be looking for:
|Heaven's Devils First Squad|
The squad participated in battles alongside its host platoon, such as the liberation of KIC-36 and Polk's Pride. However, the members had participated in ilicit activities during their time on Turaxis II and via betrayal from within, this came to the attention of Colonel Javier Vanderspool. He made a plan to eliminate them and while it failed, only Jim Raynor, Tychus Findlay and Ryk Kydd were still alive. They promptly deserted the Confederate Armed Forces. Raynor and Findlay became outlaws in the aftermath of the debacle and continued to use the term to describe themselves.
The squad's reputation as heroes endured long after the end of the Guild Wars. Raynor and Findlay maintained fond memories of their time as members of the old unit and the ex-convict even expressed joy that they're going Heaven's Devils-style when Raynor decided to take out the nydus worm network.
- Jim Raynor(src)
- Sergeant Tychus Findlay
- Private Hank Harnack
- Private Ryk Kydd
- Private Jim Raynor (lance corporal for much of his time there)
- Private Connor Ward
- Private Max Zander
The concept of the Heaven's Devils appears to go back to development of StarCraft, as concept art for Tychus Findlay during this period sported the namesake. However, the concept did not come to fruition until StarCraft II and relevant EU material.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Dietz, William C. (April 6, 2010). StarCraft II: Heaven's Devils. Simon & Schuster (Gallery Books). ISBN 978-1416-55084-6.
- ↑ Metzen, Chris (w), Hector Sevilla (p, i). "Homecoming." In StarCraft: Frontline: Volume 4 (paperback binding), pp. 6-27. Tokyopop, October 1, 2009. ISBN 978-1427-81698-6.
- ↑ 2010-09-10, Galaxy Archives - StarCraft II: Heaven’s Devils. Blizzard Entertainment. Accessed on 2010-09-24
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty. (Activision Blizzard). PC. Mission: Wings of Liberty, Belly of the Beast (in English). 2010-07-27.
- ↑ 2011-06-08, Blizzard Museum. StarCraft Legacy, accessed on 2011-06-13