You may be looking for:
15 zerg research points
The Hercules dropship is a terran aerospace vehicle.
The Hercules dropship is a Raynor's Raiders variant of the Hercules-class cargo ship. The reinforced superstructure is based on Egon Stetmann's research of zerg biology. The Hercules has a large capacity and a fast unloading speed. The dropship is equipped with survival pods; emergency egress to the ground by pod typically causes injuries.
The dropship is available in the Wings of Liberty single-player campaign. The Hercules is unlocked through spending 15 zerg research points. It has 30 passenger slots, allowing it to carry nearly four times the number of passengers as normal transports can, and deploys all of its units simultaneously. Transported units survive a Hercules' destruction. They sustain damage and are ejected in survival pods. The Hercules may be used to transport thors, and can carry three of them at a time, since each thor takes up eight slots when transported. This leaves six slots to spare.
Unlocks the Hercules for production.
We have retrofitted the Hercules-class cargo ship for use on the battlefield. This massive transport can carry entire armis and unload them at record speeds. The hercules will also ejected survival pods if shot down. Ejected occupants will sustain damage, but most would agree that injury is preferable to death.
Increases the armor of all terran air units.
Armor upgrades increase health of affected units by 5% per level.
We have created a new lightweight alloy called vanadium. Vanadium diffuses weapon impacts much more efficiently than traditional armor plating, and it better preserves the life of our units. Now each of the armor upgrades in the armory and engineering bay increases unit life by 5% in addition to increasing armor.
Damaged mechanical units recover hit points when out of combat, at a rate of 0.6015 each second.
Our ship and vehicle hulls are now made from a material called Regenerative Bio-Steel. This material uses internal nanobots to slowly repair any damage the hull sustains. While this regeneration process is much slower than conventional SCV repairs, it can be the difference between life and death if no SCVs are available.
- The Hercules dropship uses the same model as colony ships, only smaller. Indeed, the dropship stemmed from the conception of the colony ship.
- The Hercules has two unused Hyperion armory upgrades; Rapid Deployment and Survival Pods. In the release version of the Wings of Liberty campaign, the abilities are enabled by default for Hercules and do not need to be researched. A third (likely) unused upgrade is also present as a button texture. It does not have a proper name however and is simply named 'hurculescantrainunit', alluding all Hercules dropships to have been able to essentially become mobile barracks.
- The C-130 Hercules is a real-world military transport plane.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 StarCraft Legacy staff. 2010-04-22. April 19 Single Player Campaign Info and Press Event. StarCraft Legacy. Accessed 2010-04-23.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty. (Activision Blizzard). PC. Zerg research (in English). 2010.
- ↑ 2010-07-24, Wings of Liberty Campaign Overview Accessed 2010-07-24.
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty. (Activision Blizzard). PC. Protoss research (in English). 2010.
- ↑ 2010, Starcraft 2: Colonist Ship. Deviantart, accessed on 2011-07-20
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II Map Editor. (Activision Blizzard) (in English). July 27, 2010