The following section contains information from a previous version of StarCraft II which is no longer valid.
The infested terran, also known as the infested marine, could be quickly produced in large numbers (the exact speed varies due to balance issues) from infested terran buildings. The infestor, a zerg ground unit, could infest these buildings, which then disgorged infested marines. Upon infestation of structures, they were set to pop out automatically, with no build cost associated with them.
The infested marine was replaced by the broodling as the product of the infestor's special abilities in May 2008. However, they were again produced from infested terran buildings by the next month. By BlizzCon 2008 they were being produced directly by infestors as an ability.
Infested terrans were removed by the start of StarCraft II beta but were added to the game again in the first beta patch. They were transferred to the overseer (and their cost greatly increased) in beta patch 13. They were returned to the infestor in patch 16.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Karune. 2008-04-08. StarCraft II Q&A - Batch 34. Battle.net StarCraft II General Discussion Forum. Accessed 2008-04-08
- ↑ Onyett, Charles. 2008-03-10. StarCraft II Zerg Unit List: All the monsters in the game so far. IGN. Accessed 2008-03-11.
- ↑ Mielke, James. 2008-05-08. The Dangerous Book for Zerglings: The latest intel on zerg units and structures (page 2). 1up.com Accessed 2008-05-08.
- ↑ 2008-24-06. Fansite Q & A With Dustin Browder, p5. StarCraft Wire. Accessed on 2008-24-06
- ↑ Zetaras Xal'Kurat. 2008-10-17. BlizzCon 2008: Changes to StarCraft 2. SC2 Blog. Accessed 2008-10-17.