You may be looking for:
- A carrier commander(src)
Interceptors are fast, maneuverable, computer-guided strike craft launched by carriers. They may deploy to engage enemy strike craft or ground units. Every interceptor is equipped with a simple AI with highly advanced targeting subroutines. Some of these fighters have independent fire-control circuits, which allow them to continue firing even if the enemy jams the command signal or destroys the interceptor's robotic brain. They are equipped with two small plasma cannons as heavier ordnance would decrease maneuverability. However, the charges of a flight of interceptors can present a threat to capital ships.
Interceptors are constructed in an automated manufacturing plant connected to the carrier's hanger, where diligent Khalai engineers see to their maintenance and launch operations. When deployed the strike craft attack and retreat rapidly to the carrier for repairs and rearmament. The details of the smooth orchestrated deployment of carrier-borne interceptors is a matter of interest to terran scientists. Interceptor deployment was improved with the deployment of the graviton catapult. At least one Tal'darim mothership was equipped with the ability to launch and produce interceptors.
- For StarCraft gameplay information see: Interceptor (StarCraft).
- For StarCraft II gameplay information see: Interceptor (StarCraft II)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Carrier. StarCraft II. Accessed 2008-04-08
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Carrier Science, Blizzard Entertainment. Accessed on 2015-06-05
- ↑ Carrier. StarCraft Compendium. Accessed 2008-04-04
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II. (Activision Blizzard). PC. Mission: Nova Covert Ops, Trouble in Paradise (in English). 2016-08-02.
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void. Collections Tab: Skins. October 17, 2016