- This article is about the caste. For all the protoss who follow the Khala, see Khalai.
Working and civilian caste
|De facto leader|
The Khalai Caste are the working class of the protoss. Artisans, scientists and builders, they form the great majority of the protoss population. Their vital contributions are valued by the other protoss. The other two Castes are the Templar Caste (the warriors) and the Judicator Caste (the leaders).
Before the advent of the Khala, each tribe had a definite proclivity or strength. The dictates of the Khala advised a three caste system, which each tribe fit easily into. The vast majority of protoss tribes were collected under the Khalai Caste.
Despite the caste's non-combatant role, the Great War signalled the beginning of changing times for the Khalai Caste, the role of a warrior among them. The Furinax Tribe fought for the Protoss Conclave against Fenix and Jim Raynor when they tried to free Tassadar from his trial for treason. As the war on Aiur continued against the zerg and the number of Templar diminished, many Khalai were forced to bear arms, the Shel'na Kryhas being a prime example.
- Main article: Khalai characters
Known Khalai TribesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Underwood, Peter, Bill Roper, Chris Metzen and Jeffrey Vaughn. StarCraft (Manual). Irvine, Calif.: Blizzard Entertainment, 1998.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Golden, Christie (November 27, 2007). StarCraft: The Dark Templar Saga #2: Shadow Hunters. Simon & Schuster (Pocket Star). ISBN 0-7434-7126-1.
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft. Vivendi Games. Mission: The Trial of Tassadar (in English). 1998.
- ↑ Elder, Josh (w), Ramanda Kamarga (p), Angie Nathalia (i), Junadi (i). "Do No Harm." In StarCraft: Frontline: Volume 3 (paperback binding), pp. 48-89. Tokyopop, July 14, 2009. ISBN 978-1427-80832-5.
|Protoss Tribes and Clans|