Locusts are short-lived, ferocious, parasitic symbiotes which attack any nearby enemy with volleys of acidic saliva. They are spawned from the millions of larvae that inhabit the swarm host's bloodstream. When the swarm host is threatened or engaged in combat, subtle chemical signals instruct the larvae to head for its incubator, where they are evolved into locusts.
The swarm host creates 2 locusts every 25 seconds in Heart of the Swarm.
Increases the lifespan of locusts by 10 seconds (to 25 seconds).
Heart of the Swarm Campaign
In the StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm campaign, locusts are only generated when enemies are nearby.
Locusts used to be able to target air units.
Special Locust Strains
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 2014-12-04, Swarm Host Science. Blizzard Entertainment, accessed on 2014-12-06
- ↑ Swarm Host, Blizzard Entertainment. Accessed on 2014-01-08
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. 2014-11-07. Legacy of the Void - Multiplayer Update: Zerg. Blizzard Entertainment. Accessed 2014-11-09.
- ↑ 25-10-2012, Heart of the Swarm Preview: Leveling. Blizzard Entertainment, accessed on 2012-11-01
- ↑ 2011-10-27, BlizzCon 2011: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm – Units and Abilities. Blizzplanet, accessed on 2011-11-06
|Zerg Units and Structures of StarCraft II|
|Heart of the Swarm|
|Primal Zerg Breeds|