The StarCraft II marketplace is a store where players can buy premium content maps. Only extremely complicated maps are expected to be charged for (DotA-liked maps were considered too simple for this). A portion of the revenue will go to the map maker. A large selection of free maps will be available as well.
The maps can be rated and commented on.
The launch of the marketplace was at least a year out in April 2010. Blizzard admitted they are struggling with the creation of the marketplace, and it won't be ready in time for the launch of Heart of the Swarm.
- ↑ Soulskill. 2009-08-24. Blizzcon 2009 Wrap-Up. Slashdot. Accessed 2009-09-07.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Saggo. 2009-08-21. Starcraft 2 Battle.net Panel. Blizzi. Accessed 2009-09-07.
- ↑ Dustin Browder, Chris Sigaty, StarCraft Legacy staff. 2010-04-22. April 19th Wings of Liberty Fansite QA Session. StarCraft Legacy. Accessed 2010-04-23.
- ↑ Dustin Browder, Wesley Yin-Poole. 2011-02-21. Battle.net Marketplace may never launch. Eurogamer. Accessed 2011-02-21.
- ↑ Dustin Browder. 2013-01-22. Expansion Overview. Gametrailers. Accessed 2013-02-02.