You may be looking for:
Finding that the adjutant they got during a train robbery on Tarsonis contained information regarding Mengsk's war crimes, the Raiders decided to publicly broadcast them from the UNN Studios on Korhal IV. The rebels used the Odin, an experimental Dominion siege walker, to infiltrate the planet; the walker was due to be unveiled to the public and it was hijacked by the rebels while still at Valhalla.
The Raiders needed to secure three broadcast towers long enough to ensure a complete transmission. The Odin, piloted by Tychus Findlay, was received by an unsuspecting Dominion. Findlay's attack caught security forces off guard. By the time the Dominion recovered, the Raiders had established a forward base and the first rebel thors were deployed.
Emperor Arcturus Mengsk quickly guessed the identity of the attackers once the first transmission was uploaded. He ordered General Horace Warfield to intervene, but the general's counter-attacks were unsuccessful.
Hearts and MindsEdit
The broadcast caused outrage among Terran Dominion citizens and riots against Emperor Mengsk. Even Donny Vermillion, a staunch Dominion supporter, was at a loss for words. Matt Horner and Jim Raynor celebrated their victory.
- Main article: campaign quotations
Gameplay & Video WalkthroughEdit
The only controllable unit for the first five minutes is the Odin. During this time, there is minimal enemy resistance; most enemy units will only engage the Odin if it attacks first. Use the Odin to cripple the enemy bases in preparation for the second part of the mission.
The north-east base is closest and will build primarily siege tanks, goliaths and other factory units, and should be destroyed first. The south-east base specializes in anti-infantry units (reapers, ghosts, vultures and hellions). The north-west base specializes in air units (Banshees, and Vikings, plus battlecruisers and Wraiths on brutal difficulty.) The north-west base is the better target. Focus on unit production structures; to conserve time damage structures only enough to get them burning, and then move on and leave them to burn down. Destroy SCVs that attempt to make repairs.
There are two smaller bases directly to the north and east of the Raiders' base; destroying these opens up potential expansion spots once the timer ends. The Odin does not have to survive.
Once the five minutes expire, control of the Raiders' base is granted. If the Odin survives the first phase, it is transported to the base and usable as a hero. The new objective is to maintain control of each of the three broadcast towers for a certain time. When a unit is on a tower's beacon, the tower's completion bar fills. The bar does not empty when a tower is not controlled. Beginning an upload prompts one or two waves of enemy counter-attacks on the tower; the tower must be defended.
With the north-east and north-west bases crippled, attacks on the Raiders' base will come from hellions and vultures produced from the eastern base. Repair the Odin and send it with some SCVs to hold the towers at the north-west and north-east bases. Build an army to destroy the eastern base.
Another strategy is to build a thor right away. Use it, Odin, the other thor received as free reinforcement, and 4-5 SCVs to attack the north-east base and secure the tower there. If constantly repaired, Odin and the thors can claim all three towers by themselves. Once the path is clear, a follow-up unit can be sent forward to the beacon to make the upload. while Odin and the thors defend. This strategy is very useful when trying to get the Blitzkrieg achievement.
At the 5 o' clock expansion, there is a hidden path leading to the bottom right corner of the map and a science facility. Destroy the facility and pick up the secret documents it contains. After completing the mission, the secret mission "Piercing the Shroud" will become available on Hyperion's bridge. "Piercing the Shroud" may be unlocked by replaying "Media Blitz" through the mission archives aboard Hyperion or after completing the Wings of Liberty campaign.
The achievements for this mission are named after military strategies and terms.
Complete all Mission Objectives
Complete the mission on Hard difficulty in less than 20 minutes
- In the southeastern corner of the map, a bunker door can be found at the base of a dense jungle, a likely reference to the television series Lost.
- There is an horizontal billboard scroller advertising the latest Cineplex 5000 movies. One of them is Diablo-The Musical. It also displays Ladies of Lordaeron 3, The Perfect Psi-Storm, Night of the Zerg VI, Enter the Dragoon, and NWO: Silent Takeover. The billboard can be found in the north-center side of the Korhal City map.
- In earlier versions of the map, Warfield would have sent more strike teams against the player, specifically targeting the Odin.
- Putting other certain other missions until completing this one will change the UNN stories watched in the cantina aboard the Hyperion, giving stories concerning the Terran Dominion or Emperor Mengsk an anti-government slant rather than a pro-government slant. For example, if the mission Safe Haven is completed before Media Blitz, Donny Vermillion will report that the refugees have "branded themselves as rebels" and are "digging in their heels across the fringe worlds", but if Media Blitz is completed before Safe Haven he reports that the refugees "have no faith in Emperor Mengsk's leadership" and that there are "serious questions about Emperor Mengsk's leadership across the fringe worlds". Similarly, if Media Blitz is completed before Whispers of Doom, Kate Lockwell will initially ask for Valerian Mengsk's opinion of the corruption scandal Arcturus is currently facing, but this question is omitted if Whispers of Doom is completed before Media Blitz.
- In the northern corner of the map, behind a billboard a bunker door similar to that found in "Welcome to the Jungle" can be found at the base of a dense jungle, a likely reference to the television series Lost.
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty. (Activision Blizzard). PC. Mission: Wings of Liberty, The Great Train Robbery (in English). 2010-07-27.
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty. (Activision Blizzard). PC. Mission: Wings of Liberty, Cutthroat (in English). 2010-07-27.
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty. (Activision Blizzard). PC. Mission: Wings of Liberty, Engine of Destruction (in English). 2010-07-27.
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty. (Activision Blizzard). PC. Cinematic: Hearts and Minds. (in English). 2010.
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty. (Activision Blizzard). PC. Hyperion cantina trophies (in English). 2010.
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty Map Editor. (Activision Blizzard) (in English). July 27, 2010
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty. (Activision Blizzard). PC. UNN newscast after "Safe Haven." (in English). 2010.
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty. (Activision Blizzard). PC. UNN newscast after "Whispers of Doom." (in English). 2010.