The Milky Way, or simply the Galaxy, is a barred spiral galaxy that forms part of the Local Group.
A great deal of the galaxy's history has been shaped by the xel'naga, a species from beyond the galaxy who traveled to the Milky Way, where they seeded life on countless worlds and uplifted numerous species such as the zerg and protoss. They have been referred to as "the most powerful species the galaxy has ever known." Nevertheless, they met their end at the hands of the zerg.
Currently, the protoss, zerg and humanity stand as the galaxy's dominant species. In a possible future however, the galaxy was "cauterized" by the Dark Voice, paving the way for it to shape all life in its own image.
The galaxy can broadly be divided into its center/core, spiral arms and fringe—the points of origin for the zerg, humanity and protoss respectively. Areas of space can be further sub-divided through sectors, quadrants, planetary regions and star systems.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Underwood, Peter, Bill Roper, Chris Metzen and Jeffrey Vaughn. StarCraft (Manual). Irvine, Calif.: Blizzard Entertainment, 1998.
- ↑ Mesta, Gabriel (July 1, 2001). StarCraft: Shadow of the Xel'Naga. Simon & Schuster (Pocket Star). ISBN 978-0671-04149-6.
- ↑ (2007). StarCraft: The Board Game (manual). Fantasy Flight Games.
- ↑ Gillen, Kieron (w), Hector Sevilla (p, i). "A Ghost Story." In StarCraft: Frontline: Volume 2 (paperback binding), pp. 122-169. Tokyopop, January 1, 2009. ISBN 978-1427-80831-8.
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty. (Activision Blizzard). PC. Mission: Wings of Liberty, In Utter Darkness (in English). 2010-07-27.
The list of authors can be seen in the page history of Milky Way.
Wikipedia content was licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License prior to June 15, 2009 is. Wikipedia content from June 15, 2009, and StarCraft Wiki content, is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0 (Unported).