- Unit tooltip(src)
Garxxax Base used modified mohicans referred to as "jungle jeeps" by the base's Dr. Callins. These jeeps were adapted to traverse the rainforests of the planet Garxxax. The team used them to move between the biospheres that made up the base.
The Mohican appears in several missions across StarCraft II in terran settlements. They first appear on Mar Sara during the mission "The Outlaws." The vehicle uses a modified hellion with, among other changes, a rollcage over the cockpit instead of a windshield and no flame turret on the top.
Two easter eggs involving the Mohican exist in the trilogy. In the ultralisk evolution mission in StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm, the player can find a Mohican next to a building near the end of the level. Destroying it prompts a marine to emerge from a nearby building and attack, angry at the destruction of his car. In the mission "Brothers in Arms" another Mohican can be found south of the Keystone at the end of the level. Again, destroying it causes a marine to emerge from a nearby building (ostensibly the same marine from the ultralisk evolution mission) and complain about its destruction.
During development, the hellion was a three-wheeled vehicle that had a mixed reception. The artists moved on to creating civilian variants of the unit, which included a four-wheeled hellion. The team preferred this to the three-wheeled version and the four-wheeled hellion became the default unit.
- ↑ Johnston, Antony. "Acid Burns." (April 18, 2013). Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft Lore: Acid Burns Accessed 2013-04-18
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty. (Activision Blizzard). PC. Mission: Wings of Liberty, The Outlaws (in English). 2010-07-27.
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm. (Activision Blizzard). PC. Mission: Heart of the Swarm, Ultralisk Evolution (in English). 2013-03-12.
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void. Vivendi Games. Mission: Brothers in Arms. (in English). November 10, 2015
- ↑ 2010, Starcraft 2: Terran Hellion. Accessed on 2011-07-20