Mutators are special conditions added to maps in Co-op Missions rotated on a weekly basis every Monday. They reward players with bonus experience depending on the difficulty.
- No Money, More Problems
Amon's terraforming of Veridia Prime has ravaged the planet's resources. You must brave catastrophic environmental conditions in order to secure the materials needed to build your army. Use caution, but don't delay. Every passing second brings the planet closer to destruction.
This mutation applies to "The Vermillion Problem."
- Slim Pickings: Player worker units gather resources at a reduced rate, but resource pickups spawn throughout the map.
- Self-Destruction: Enemy Heroic units increase the attack speed and armor of all enemies within a small range.
- Twister: Tornadoes move across the map, damaging and knocking back player units in their path.
Mutators are special conditions that bring additional challenge and diversity to existing Co-op Missions. Mutators can vary wildly, from having to fight a completely cloaked army, to dodging lava erupting from the ground. Mutators vary on a weekly basis. Each week, players have the chance to take on a Weekly Mutation where several Mutators are applied to a Co-op Mission. The mutation will be available for seven days with a break before the next one begins. Difficulty levels can still be selected, as can normal Co-op Missions, with the ability to toggle between the two modes.
A player must have reached level 5 with their co-op commander before they can test the mutators.
If players complete the weekly mutation, they will be awarded a tiered XP "bounty" bonus based on the difficulty level selected. Completing a weekly mutation on a higher difficulty level will award the cumulative sum of all XP bonuses up to that level. For example, completing the weekly mutation on Hard will award the sum XP bonus of Casual + Normal + Hard.
- ↑ 2016-05-09, Legacy of the Void Patch 3.3: New Co-op Content and Features . YouTube, accessed on 2015-05-09
- ↑ 2016-05-16, StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void 3.3.0 Patch Notes. Blizzard Entertainment, accessed on 2016-05-18