Mutators are special conditions added to maps in Co-op Missions rotated on a weekly basis every Monday. They reward players with bonus experience depending on the difficulty. They were introduced in Patch 3.3
Amon has siphoned the temple's energy in order to grant his minions incredible power. Brimming with psionic potential, his supercharged armies sprint across the battlefield and channel their wrath into myriad abilities. Withstand the onslaught until the temple is secure once more.
This mutation applies to "Temple of the Past."
- Power Overwhelming: All enemy units have energy and use random abilities.
- Speed Freaks: Enemy units have double their normal movement speed.
- Abilities used by foes include: Abduct, Black Hole, Defensive Matrix, Disabling Cloud, Disruption Web, Force Field, Fungal Growth, Guardian Shield, Graviton Beam, Phase Shift, Irradiate, Parasitic Bomb, Point Defense Drone, Psionic Orb, Psionic Storm, Seeker Missile, Snipe, Time Warp
- Most difficult comp is "Suicide Zerg" (i.e. Zerglings/Banelings/Scourge) just for the sheer speed and number of spellcasting units.
Mutators are special conditions that bring additional challenge and diversity to existing Co-op Missions. Mutators can vary wildly, from having to fight a completely cloaked army, to dodging lava erupting from the ground. Mutators vary on a weekly basis. Each week, players have the chance to take on a Weekly Mutation where several Mutators are applied to a Co-op Mission. The mutation will be available for seven days with a break before the next one begins. Difficulty levels can still be selected, as can normal Co-op Missions, with the ability to toggle between the two modes.
If players complete the weekly mutation, they will be awarded a tiered XP "bounty" bonus based on the difficulty level selected. Completing a weekly mutation on a higher difficulty level will award the cumulative sum of all XP bonuses up to that level. For example, completing the weekly mutation on Hard will award the sum XP bonus of Casual + Normal + Hard.
- ↑ 2016-05-09, Legacy of the Void Patch 3.3: New Co-op Content and Features . YouTube, accessed on 2015-05-09
- ↑ 2016-05-16, StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void 3.3.0 Patch Notes. Blizzard Entertainment, accessed on 2016-05-18