Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
New Folsom Prison is a maximum security facility on New Folsom.
Main prison blocks are situated on oil-rig type platforms inside a giant volcano caldera.
The Terran Confederacy transformed the New Folsom Confederate Mine into a political prison after the catalytic elements required to forge neosteel were discovered in the Sara system. People who were enemies of the Confederacy, but too valuable (or popular) to kill, were sent there and used to work the mine's machinery. Requiring only a minimal guard staff and robotic sentries, New Folsom served as an inexpensive source of unrefined ore and minerals.
At the outbreak of the Second Great War, Commander Jim Raynor believed no one had escaped from the prison since 2454. Tychus Findlay was rumored to be locked away there and claimed to have broken out while being transported to the prison, though in reality was released as part of a deal with Emperor Arcturus Mengsk.
During the war, Raynor's Raiders helped Gabriel Tosh to free prisoners from New Folsom. Specifically, he tried to free several imprisoned spectres, to help him in his goal of taking down Mengsk. Although the prison guards were tipped off by Nova, the prisoners were freed.
- Main article: New Folsom prison inmates
- Tychus Findlay (released 2504)
- Cole Hickson (released 2502)
- Ajendarro Ybarra (released prior to the Second Great War)
- Folsom State Prison is a penitentiary in California, United States. It was one of the first maximum security prisons. Johnny Cash often performed concerts for criminals there, and even wrote a song called Folsom Prison Blues.