- If you were looking for the structure formerly known as the dark pylon, see "monolith"
The obelisk is a structure in the Wings of Liberty campaign. There are two invincible ones in the mission, "Echoes of the Future". Powering them up with a pylon will give the player one protoss research point for each.
The following section contains information from a previous version of StarCraft II which is no longer valid.
The obelisk was concieved as a result of StarCraft II's unlimited selection. The downside to unlimited selection was its interference with micro-management. Early playtests resulted in little base management and massive armies being built up and attack-moved across the map. Over the course of its development the obelisk was a support structure, formerly known as the dark pylon. However, the dark pylon became a separate structure called the monolith, which was canceled.
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty. (Activision Blizzard). PC. Mission: Wings of Liberty, Echoes of the Future (in English). 2010-07-27.
- ↑ 2011, SC2: Protoss Obelisk. Deviantart, accessed on 2011-02-20
- ↑ Karune. 2009-06-08. Lack of EMP = more Archons? (post 11) Battle.net StarCraft II General Discussion Forum. Accessed 2009-06-09.
- ↑ Karune. 2009-06-08. Lack of EMP = more Archons? (post 8) Battle.net StarCraft II General Discussion Forum. Accessed 2009-06-09.
|Protoss Units and Structures of StarCraft II|