|Echoes of the Future|
Since the prophecy found on Ulaan mentioned the Overmind, Zeratul departed to Aiur to the creature's death site in order to gain access to its memories. To do so, Zeratul had to make contact with four of the Overmind's tendrils.
Zeratul was unable to connect with any of the tendrils. He was confused to experience feelings of death, fear, and joy, at the tendrils. The prelate moved to the Overmind's cortex and met Tassadar's spirit. Tassadar explained the Overmind's motivations during the Great War and revealed its apocalyptic vision of the future where the Dark Voice and the hybrids were victorious.
- Main article: campaign quotations
|The next article in this series is In Utter Darkness.|
Rapidly build up probes, then quickly take the expansion located at the Overmind's first tendril. This should ensure that resources never run scarce. Building several warpgates can greatly speed up the mission, and resources are generous, at least for a short while. It is possible to access all four of the Overmind's tendrils by going either clockwise or counter clockwise around the map. There are two protoss obelisks to power with pylons (research options), one of which is next to the tendril closest to the starting location, and one farther to the north, closer to the second tendril. There is a (unpowered) robotics facility in the south-eastern corner of the map, and another near the second obelisk and a warp gate. The zerg periodically attack the starting base via nydus worms. Initially, they only attack from the north and east, but eventually they start attacking from the west, as well. Surround the base with photon cannons to buy it more time for additional forces to return. With the power of several warp gates and the abundant resources, the protoss should have no problem maintaining a large army.
|Overmind Dead Body|
Complete the mission on Hard difficulty in less than 20 minutes.
Attack the zerg outpost to the northeast plateau early and reactivate the warp gate to gain reinforcements; the gate is expendable afterwards. Defend against attack waves with photon cannons and colossi. Attacking clockwise around the map presents more warp gate opportunities. Convert all gateways to warp gates and use warp-in to bring reinforcements closer to the front; use a probe to build pylons to facilitate this.
Zeratul becomes invulnerable when he reaches a beacon, and his health and shields are fully restored. Sneak Zeratul onto a beacon while the remaining forces engage, then blink him out once control is regained. This is useful in the eastern base.
- The edges of the map contain large zerg bases, which cannot be reached by most ground units. The player may utilize observers combined with stalkers using blink to reach the bases, which will cause the AI to fight back much more intensely and intelligently than the other bases on the map, which includes spawning large numbers of ultralisks. If the player destroys any zerg buildings in these bases, the AI will attempt to rebuild.
- There is one base, in the north-eastern corner, which can be seen by observers but cannot be reached even by stalkers. It does not contain any zerg structures or units, only a few creep tumors and several zerg doodads which cannot be found anywhere else on the map. The purpose of this "invincible" base is to provide a safe zerg-controlled area in which several scenes from the final cutscene take place.
- While the zerg forces utilize the Aiur Brood decal, the infested terran buildings to the east are marked with the Raynor's Raiders' insignia (possibly in reference to the final mission of the original StarCraft.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty. (Activision Blizzard). PC. Mission: Wings of Liberty, Echoes of the Future (in English). 2010-07-27.
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty. (Activision Blizzard). PC. Mission: Wings of Liberty, Whispers of Doom (in English). 2010-07-27.
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty. (Activision Blizzard). PC. Mission: Wings of Liberty, A Sinister Turn (in English). 2010-07-27.