Part and Parcel is a Co-op Missions map created by Buswolley. It was the winner of the 2017 Rock the Cabinet contest in which community mapmakers competed for the next Co-op Missions map. It was reworked by Blizzard and revealed at BlizzCon 2017.
At a orbital research platform, Moebius Corps captured a Terran Dominion research base and used it to breed hybrid. General Carolina Davis called up allied commanders to help rebuild an experimental weapon named the Balius in the facility, and destroy the Moebius hybrid inside. Davis and the allied commanders were able to clear the facility. Meanwhile, Moebius attempted to salvage what research they had through trains, and Davis requested the commanders destroy it.
On this map, players must go around and gather pieces of the Balius from the map, destroying neutral structures and collecting parts from different units. After gathering enough parts, Davis and the Balius will activate, and she will move to a hybrid tank, which will spawn a powerful hybrid Davis and the player will have to fight. this hybrid will split into void shades and unleash a powerful area of effect attack. If Davis is destroyed she will fall back to spawn. At certain points, trains will appear on the map as a bonus objective.
Vorazun's Time Stop ability will not stop the train from moving, nor will it stop the Moebius hybrid from attacking.
In the first version of the map made for Rock the Cabinet, the player was accompanied by an archangel pilot named Cal. The hybrid creatures in the facility were instead large void shards named death shards. In their redesign, Blizzard tried to stay true to the original map concept, but added new bosses and effects. The map underwent an art pass, and some of the mechanics were tweaked. Valerie Watrous wrote the script for Davis in the updated version. The Balius likewise replaced the archangel.
- In the south-east area of the map, the Moebius Corp scientists will either remark on "dead end jobs" being "deader than death shards" (a nod to the original map concept), or wonder aloud wonder what happened to Reigel.
- In the north-east corner of the map, there are two hidden marines in the lab area named Kionius (the dev and voice actor for Cal), and Buswolley, the map creator.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Blizzard Entertainment. Rock the Cabinet 2017 – Winners Announced . Youtube.com. Accessed 2017-07-28.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 StarCraft. 2017-11-03. The Future of StarCraft II. Battle.net Accessed 2017-11-03.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Blizzard Entertainment. Co-op Missions. (Activision Blizzard). PC. Part and Parcel (in English). 2018.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 2017-11-03, BLIZZCON 2017 STARCRAFT 2: WHAT’S NEXT PANEL REVIEW. Blizzpro, accessed on 2017-11-04
- ↑ 2017-11-04, BlizzCon 2017: Developer Interview StarCraft 2 Game Producer Tim Ismay. YouTube, accessed on 2017-11-06