In use by 2505, the ravager is the result of years of twisting and fine-tuning the genome of the roach far beyond its biological limitations. Ravagers stand almost four times as tall as a terran wearing CMC armor, and hardened bone spikes portrude from its back. Its eyes grant it a broad spectrum of vision.
The ravager wields plasma fire both in close-quarters combat and as a wedge to crack open entrenched positions, something the Swarm has struggled with in the past. As an evolution of the roach, the ravager has developed a larger, heavier frame to store quantities of fiery fluid in its back. The ravager can launch a gob of corrosive bile from its back in a parabolic arc. This projectile is slow, best used against stationary targets, but can destroy protoss force fields, and is effective against heavy units and structures. The Dominion has theorized that this ability was developed to boost the ravager's utility in assaulting entrenched positions. This mortar-like ability is slow moving however, and ground forces can move out of the way in time.
Ravagers are stronger than roaches. However, their effectiveness heavily relies on player micro due to their corrosive bile ability.
Launches a glob of bile into the air that descends on target point after 2 seconds, dealing 50 damage to enemies in an area of effect. Hits both air and ground units, destroys force fields.
Increases the damage done by Corrosive Bile by 20.
Increases the radius of Corrosive Bile by 100%.
The following section contains information from a previous version of StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void beta which is no longer valid.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Barba, Rick. StarCraft Field Manual (hardcover). Insight Editions, November 17, 2015.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/game/unit/ravager Ravager], Blizzard Entertainment. Accessed on 2016-02-29
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Legacy of the Void Units, Blizzard Entertainment. Accessed on 2015-04-18
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void. Collections Tab: Skins. October 17, 2016
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. 2015-03-18. Legacy of the Void Beta Preview. Blizzard Entertainment. Accessed 2015-03-18.
- ↑ 2015-10-02, Legacy of the Void Beta Balance Update -- October 2, 2015. Blizzard Entertainment, accessed on 2015-10-03
- ↑ 2015-09-03, Legacy of the Void Beta Balance Update -- September 3, 2015. Blizzard Entertainment, accessed on 2015-09-09