The scourge is an aerial zerg kamikaze strain.
Scourges are blind, suicidal fliers of unknown origin, seeking out enemy starships and diving into them. Catalytic agents within the scourge allow it to undergo a form of plasma metamorphosis, causing it to explode like a living bomb.  A single scourge is capable of destroying a terran starfighter or shuttle and a handful can breach the hull of a starship. They are able to engage these targets in both air and the vacuum of space.
The primary drawback of the scourge is its limited ability to store energy, able to fly for barely a few hours without requiring additional substance. To conserve energy, they often perch on the backs of overlords. However, this presents a hazard, as the scourge's explosive nature can damage friendly zerg at this proximity.
- For StarCraft gameplay information see: Scourge (StarCraft).
- For StarCraft II gameplay information see: Scourge (StarCraft II).
Heroes of the StormEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Underwood, Peter, Bill Roper, Chris Metzen and Jeffrey Vaughn. StarCraft (Manual). Irvine, Calif.: Blizzard Entertainment, 1998.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Rosenberg, Aaron (May 23, 2006). StarCraft: Queen of Blades. Simon & Schuster (Pocket Star). ISBN 978-0-7434-7133-6.
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft. Vivendi Games. Cinematic: The Downing of Norad II. (in English). 1998.
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty. (Activision Blizzard). PC. Mission: Wings of Liberty, Shatter the Sky (in English). 2010-07-27.
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. Heroes of the Storm (Blizzard Entertainment) (in English). June 2, 2015