The sensor tower was canceled and in the WWI 08 build had the name changed to the radar tower. However, it has been brought back.
The sensor tower has oscillated between being a detector and not a detector. In early May 2009 it was not a detector, but in the Seoul Ap-Gu-Jung, event from May 21, 2009 it was a detector. By November 2009, however, it had lost detection.
The sensor tower once shared function(s) possessed by the orbital command, excluding the ability to summon MULEs (which hadn't been conceived at the time).
↑ 7.07.1Q u o t e:
1. Is the proper name Radar Tower or Sensor Tower?
2. What model is being used: Radar Tower, Sensor Tower, or a completely new one?
3. What are the stats? (mineral cost, gas cost, build time, HP, armor)
4. What is the range of the radar?
5. Do cloaked and burrowed units appear as blips within the radar's range?
6. If yes for #5, will a unit be able to see cloaked and burrowed units that are within its visual range as well as the radar's range?
7. Does the Tower have any other special abilities besides its radar function?
8. Is the Tower salvageable?
9. Is there anything else you can tell us about the Tower that I've missed?
1. Sensor Tower
2. Sensor Tower has a passive Radar ability which expose enemy movements within its radar capacity.
3. It costs 125 mineral and 100 geyser gas and it takes 25 build time. Sensor Tower has 200 hp and 0 default armor. You can upgrade the armor of buildings by 2 at Engineering Bay.
5. No. Cloaked and burrowed units don't appear.
8. Yes. you can salvage it for 100% fund. Cydra, N00bonicplague. 2009-11-04. Questions regarding the Radar/Sensor Tower.Battle.net StarCraft II General Discussion Forum. Accessed 2009-11-04.