Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Shakuras Plateau is a landform on Shakuras.
Because of the strength of pushes, especially in terran vs. zerg matches, the map was removed from ladder matches in February, 2011. The next month, the map was added back to the 1v1 ladder pool, due to player demand. However, a number of issues have been rectified—The first issue was that the horizontal starting locations were extremely unfair in terran vs. zerg matchups (in favor of terran), and the second issue was that players only had one path to navigate around the map's center. The following changes were made:
- The backdoor ramp and rocks leading into the main bases were removed to address the horizontal start location issue.
- Two rocked-off ramps were added leading from the 6 o'clock and 12 o'clock expansions towards the middle to create an alternate path in the mid/late game to navigate around the center of the map.
- The rocks by the center xel'naga towers were removed. It was noticed that if these rocks were there, it became very difficult to utilize the new rocked off-paths in the middle of the map (due to how difficult it was to clear out the tower area).
Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II. (Activision Blizzard) Map: Shakuras Plateau (in English). 2010.
- ↑ 2010-10-11, topic_id=158686#1 New Ladder Maps!. Team Liquid, accessed on 2011-05-06
- ↑ Daxxari. 2011-10-25. Season 4 Map Changes - UPDATED. StarCraft II General Discussion Forum. Accessed 2011-11-11.
- ↑ 2011-03-11, Casters and Maps. Team Liquid, accessed on 2011-06-06
- ↑ Lylirra. 2011-03-24. Ladder Map Updates. Blizzard Entertainment. Accessed 2011-06-05.