The following section contains information from a previous version of StarCraft which is no longer valid.
It was stated in an interview by Blizzard employees that the zerg are universally feared, hated and hunted by all the sapient species of the Milky Way. The statement was quite general however, and it is unclear how much of it (if any) can be said to apply to the space vampires.
The space vampires were originally part of a Blizzard game titled Bloodlines, taking place in a setting that involved robots, cyborgs, and the space vampires themselves. When Blizzard chose to focus on StarCraft, Chris Metzen (who'd been working on the game with Nick Carpenter) transferred some of his ideas from the game. Members of Blizzard reacted negatively to the concept. The space vampire concept was eventually dropped in favour of the zerg and protoss.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 2008-02-27. BlizzCast: Taking you deeper into the World of Blizzard: Episode 2. Blizzard Entertainment. Accessed 2008-02-27.
- ↑ April 6, 2010. "Timeline". StarCraft II: Heaven's Devils. Simon & Schuster (Pocket Star). pp. 311 - 323. ISBN 978-1416-55084-6.
- ↑ Golden, Christie (May 22, 2007). StarCraft: The Dark Templar Saga #1: Firstborn. Simon & Schuster (Pocket Star). ISBN 978-0-7434-7125-1.
- ↑ 2011-05-31, May 2011 HoTS Fansite Interview. StarCraft Legacy, accessed on 2011-05-31
- ↑ 2013-01-14, The Art of Blizzard: Chris Metzen Discusses Blizzard's Past and Future Games. Complex Gaming, accessed on 2013-05-29
- ↑ 2015-11-06, STARCRAFT: THE PAST, PRESENT AND FUTURE. Polygon, accessed on 2015-11-18