|Special Research Operations|
|De Facto Leader|
Special Research Operations, otherwise referred to as "Special Research Ops" or "SRO" is a Dominion research unit. Its parameters of operation include research into the zerg. It possesses a Xenobiology Department which has conducted such observations.
Special Research Operations was the first group to document the zerg tactic of setting "tripwires," where the zerg would discover a rich source of minerals, burrow forces near the deposit, and ambush anyone who came to mine the resources.
In 2505, when a feral mutalisk spire was discovered on Choss, SRO sent Doctor Brad Champlain to find and recover a canny mutalisk corpse for study. He was successful, and the mutalisk corpse was brought to Project Blackstone.
- ↑ Dayton, Cameron. "Broken Wide." (March 5, 2010). Blizzard Entertainment. Broken Wide Accessed 2010-03-05.
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. Project Blackstone, accessed on 2013-03-01
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Bogdanove, Kal-El. "Frenzy." (Feb. 28, 2013). Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft Lore: Frenzy Accessed 2013-02-28.
- ↑ Maxwell, Matthew. "The Teacher." (Feb. 20, 2013). Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft Lore: The Teacher Accessed 2013-02-20.
- ↑ Bogdanove, Kal-El. "The Fightin' SceeVees." (May 30, 2013). Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft Lore: The Fightin' SceeVees. Accessed 2013-05-30