A spirit is literally defined as a non-corporal being or entity.
Effectively synonymous with the concept of a soul, a number of protoss have reached such a state of existence, specifically Zamara and Tassadar. The Nerazim believe that Adun also reached such a stage after his sacrifice to save them from the wrath of the Conclave, ascending to a higher plane of existence.
If technopathic and pyrokinetic interactions are any indication, then machine and fire spirits appear to exist respectively. Certainly the existence of the former fits in with the teachings of the Church of Besainted Pelagius, its disciples considering their technology to be holy as per the temporal presence of the Supreme Watchmaker. Spirits have played a role in other terran religions as well.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Golden, Christie (June 30, 2009). StarCraft: The Dark Templar Saga #3: Twilight. Simon & Schuster (Pocket Star). ISBN 978-0-7434-7129-9.
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty. (Activision Blizzard). PC. Mission: Wings of Liberty, Echoes of the Future (in English). 2010-07-27.
- ↑ Gerrold, David (w), Fernando Heinz Furukawa (p, i). StarCraft: Ghost Academy: Volume 2 (paperback binding). Tokyopop, August 10, 2010. ISBN 978-1427-81613-9.
- ↑ Gillen, Kieron (w), Hector Sevilla (p, i). "A Ghost Story." In StarCraft: Frontline: Volume 2 (paperback binding), pp. 122-169. Tokyopop, January 1, 2009. ISBN 978-1427-80831-8.
- ↑ Kenyon, Nate. (September 27, 2011). StarCraft: Ghost: Spectres. Simon & Schuster (Pocket Star). ISBN 978-1439-10938-0.