Spore cannons are zerg structures which can fire spores at land targets or into the air. They are powerful enough to act as siege weapons.
The spores can carry genetic information, and can be launched into space toward other zerg-inhabited planets.
A number of them were present during the Siege of Cask, where they were used for the transmission of genetic information, not combat, and in the defense of Char, where they were used for destroying Dominion spacecraft and structures.
- Spore cannons appear in the StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty mission, "Gates of Hell". Their attack launches into the air and disappears, making it purely cosmetic though the destruction of them leaves behind deposits of vespene gas for players to gather.
- The cannon uses the same model as the virophage except the head of the former is angled upward and the head of the latter is level.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Dayton, Cameron. "Broken Wide." (March 5, 2010). Blizzard Entertainment. Broken Wide Accessed 2010-03-05.
- ↑ Gerrold, David (w), Fernando Heinz Furukawa (p, i). StarCraft: Ghost Academy: Volume 3 (paperback binding). Tokyopop, March 8, 2011. ISBN 978-1427-81614-6.
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty. (Activision Blizzard). PC. Mission: Wings of Liberty, Gates of Hell (in English). 2010-07-27.
|Zerg Units and Structures of StarCraft II|