StarCraft: The Board Game is a 2-6 player board game, published by Fantasy Flight Games and released in October 2007. It features some 180 small pieces for the various races and a modular "board" made up of various planets.
Pre-release copies were handed out at GenCon 2007, and pre-orders of the game started arriving in Australia on 19 October 2007.
The game features a modular gameboard consisting of up to twelve (depending on the number of players) specific planets in the StarCraft universe. Players control the familiar terran, protoss, or zerg air and ground units in a bid for domination of these nine worlds. A diceless, card driven combat system allows players to modify and upgrade their faction with a wealth of powerful technologies.
Most of the units are described with detailed miniature pieces. Worker units (SCV, probe, drone) and transport units (dropship, shuttle, overlord) are represented by tokens. Orders are issued with tokens representing different orders, namely Combat Tokens, Research Tokens and Production Tokens. When an order is given, cards called Event Cards, Combat Cards and Upgrade Cards are used to judge the outcomes. The cards are divided on the basis of tiers. Factors such as Splash damage are also featured.
VideoStarcraft the Boardgame Overview(05:33)
- Main article: StarCraft: The Board Game: Brood War
- StarCraft the Board Game. Fantasy Flight Games. Accessed 2007-08-27.
- StarCraft: The Board Game: Now Available from Fantasy Flight. Blizzard Entertainment. Accessed 2008-01-15.
- ↑ 2008-08-16. GenCon 2008 Day 2. Tabletop Gaming News. Accessed 2008-08-24.
- ↑ Fantasy Flight Games staff. 2008-12-19. Serve the Directorate. Serve Humanity! Fantasy Flight Games. Accessed 2008-12-19.
- ↑ StarCraft: The Board Game - Typhon Promotion Expansion. Amazon. Accessed on 2009-07-11
The list of authors can be seen in the page history of StarCraft: The Board Game.
Wikipedia content was licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License prior to June 15, 2009 is. Wikipedia content from June 15, 2009, and StarCraft Wiki content, is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0 (Unported).