Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The beta for StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void began on March 31, 2015. It started as a closed beta. Beta keys are sent to users based on their system specs, recent StarCraft II activity, and luck. Beta entry giveaways will be provided through fansites and promotions later on in the beta. Anyone who bought a ticket to BlizzCon 2014 will be granted automatic access.
The beta undergoes frequent changes in patches.
- Resources: Mineral patches have changed—half the mineral patches have 1500 minerals, the other 900. This is to incentivize base expansion.
- Workers: The starting worker count will be 12. This is to reduce downtime at the start of matches.
- Scan Range: The target acquisition of ground units has been improved.
- Game speed has been reduced to be synchronous with real-time. This will affect speed values, movement speed values, cooldown times, research times, upgrade times, and unit build times will all need to be re-memorized. Players are encouraged to offer feedback as to whether this change is preferable. Whatever the case, Legacy of the Void will either feature this time system, or the old one, not both.
- Maps: Three new maps will be available at the start of the beta—Ruins of Seras, Lerilak Crest, and Orbital Shipyard.
- ↑ 2015-03-18, Legacy of the Void Beta Preview. Blizzpro, accessed on 2015-03-20
- ↑ 2015-03-31, Legacy of the Void Beta Now Live!. Blizzard Entertainment, accessed on 2015-04-02
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 2015-03-18, Legacy of the Void Beta Preview. Blizzard Entertainment, accessed on 2015-03-20
- ↑ 2015-03-18, Legacy of the Void - Closed Beta. YouTube, accessed on 2015-03-22
- ↑ 2015-04-27, Legacy of the Void Beta: Balance Update Preview - April 27. Blizzard Entertainment, accessed on 2015-04-28
- ↑ 2015-03-19, StarCraft II: Legacy of The Void Beta Starts March 31. The Escapist, accessed on 2015-03-21
- ↑ 2014-11-19, Legacy of the Void: Multiplayer Development Update – November 19, 2014. Blizzard Entertainment, accessed on 2014-11-24
- ↑ 2015-05-24, Legacy of the Void Beta: Balance Update Preview - May 21. Blizzard Entertainment, accessed on 2015-05-24
- ↑ 2015-05-14, Any Idea When More Stuff Being Added?. Blizzard Entertainment, accessed on 2015-05-15
- ↑ 2015-05-16, Friend invite Beta LoTV. Blizzard Entertainment, accessed on 2015-05-16
- ↑ 2015-06-19, Community Feedback Update - June 19. Blizzard Entertainment, accessed on 2015-06-26
- ↑ 2015-04-01, (April Fools) Legacy of the Void Beta Concludes!. Blizzard Entertainment, accessed on 2015-04-03