A great evil looms over the galaxy. The Dark God, Amon, has returned. Spurred on by Zeratul's prophecies, Kerrigan and her Swarm set out to destroy Amon's hybrid forces, hoping to stop the coming oblivion.
With the threat of the Zerg Queen absent, the protoss Hierarch, Artanis, raised a massive invasion fleet, left the Dark Templar homeworld of Shakuras, and committed to restore his people's former glory by reclaiming their lost homeworld of Aiur.
- Artanis: Templar. At long last, we stand at the threshold of destiny. For today, we will restore the glory of our legacy. Today, we will retake what we have lost and reclaim our homeworld.
- Templar: For Aiur!
- Artanis: May the Khala's light guide us.
- Selendis: The invasion fleet stands ready. We await only your command, Hierarch.
- Zeratul: You must halt this invasion at once.
- Artanis: Zeratul.
- Selendis: Templar! Arrest this traitor!
- Artanis: No. We will hear him out.
- Zeratul: The End War has come. Amon, the Dark One, has returned.
- Selendis: This heretic cannot be trusted.
- Zeratul: This invasion is a distraction from the true battle ahead. Amon's fury will engulf the entire galaxy.
- Selendis: Do not forget that it was his interference that brought ruin to Aiur!
- Zeratul: And that burden weighs heavily upon me...Artanis. I have found a way to stand against the coming darkness. You must believe me!
- Artanis: We have been through much together, Zeratul, but far too many have sacrificed in the hope, that this moment could come to pass. Executor, commence the invasion!
- Selendis: The reclamation of Aiur is underway. We are preparing to siege the warp network at Kherrisan now.
- Artanis: Well done, Selendis. Once the warp conduits are free of infestation, our forces will strike as one across the surface of Aiur.
- Selendis: The Templar await your command, Hierarch.
- Artanis: Warriors! Aiur awaits you! March forth and take it!
- Selendis: I have diverted some colossi to join your forces. Use them well, Artanis.
- Selendis: There is a zerg hive cluster near your warriors. If possible, we should destroy it.
- Artanis: Well fought my warriors. Let us return our focus to reclaiming the warp conduit.
- Artanis: Selendis, the conduit is ours. Warp down reinforcements.
- Selendis: As you command.
- Artanis: Two warp conduits remain in the grip of the zerg. Ready yourselves breathren. We move for victory.
- Selendis: Artanis, there are more hives in the surrounding area. Destroying them will deal the zerg a crippling blow.
- Artanis: A hive. Warriors, annihilate it.
- Zealot: We strike as one!
- Artanis: This hive cluster has fallen. Continue on, brothers.
- Zealot: Hierarch, we thank you for your aid. Allow us to join you in battle.
- Zealot: May the Khala guide our blades!
- Artanis: Another hive lies in ruins. Only one remains, my warriors.
- Artanis: The second warp conduit is activating now.
- Selendis: Psi-matrix signal confirmed. Reinforcements warping in at your location.
- Artanis: You speak truly Zeratul. An unseen hand moves them. We must be on guard.
- Artanis: The final hive has fallen. Let this be the first victory of many. Aiur will be restored.
- Artanis: The final conduit lies before us. Show the zerg no mercy.
- Hybrid reaver: Firstborn. Your fate is sealed.
- Zeratul: This is impossible. Hybrid on Aiur? It is they, who are leading the zerg.
- Hybrid reaver: This is the end of your race.
- Selendis: The warp conduits have been secured. Our starfighters are moving to take this fight across the surface.
- Artanis: Take command of the invasion, Executor. Zeratul, you and I must discuss this most recent turn of events further.
- Artanis: It seems the end war you warned of has begun. Tell me, old friend, what is it you had learned?
- Zeratul: I had witnessed the end of all things... Horrific legion of Hybrid razing upon world. In the darkness, lording over them, shadowy form... Amon.
- Artanis: Yet, you spoke of a way to stand against him.
- Zeratul: This vision was a benevolent one, as if an ancient voice called from beyond. "The Keystone shall usher you unto hope..."
- Artanis: Keystone?
- Zeratul: I saw burst of light, revealing the Xel'Naga Artifact on the terran world of Korhal. It is the Keystone of vision. The Prophecies speak of xel'Naga standing against Amon in the end times. I believe this Keystone will guide us to them.
- Artanis: I have always trusted you, Zeratul. But the burdens of leadership demanded much of me. There are times I am uncertain whether I was truly ready for such weight.
- Zeratul: Your doubt is unfounded, young Artanis. You must embrace what you had become if you are to be a leader we now need.
- Artanis: You will go to James Raynor on Korhal and received the Keystone. I will marshal our forces for the war ahead. When you return, the Templar will be ready. En Taro Tassadar, old friend
- Zeratul: En Taro Artanis. brother.
The reclamation of Aiur has begun. With the warp conduits secured, the Golden Armada now sweeps across the planet's skies. But the discovery of a hybrid commanding the once feral zerg broods leaves Artanis troubled over Zeratul's warnings of the war to come.
- Artanis: Zeratul, you must secure the Xel'Naga Keystone from James Raynor. My forces will reactivated the Spear of Adun... a war ship that will be invaluable in the battles ahead. My Tassadar's shadow hide you, my friend.
- Zeratul: The Void Seeker lies in ruins! What has transpired here?
- Stalker: Zerg! Protect the dark Prelate.
- Zeratul: Hm, the zerg in this area should had be eradicated... Stalker hurry to the nexus point nearby and warn our brethren. I must investigate this further.
- Stalker: The enemy surrounds us. Process with caution.
- Stalker: We will have to blink across the chasm.
- Stalker: Mutalisks! Focus particle disrupters upon them!
- Selendis: Zeratul, the templar stationed here... I can no longer sense them within the Khala.
- Zeratul: Is that not impossible? Your kind cannot disappear from the Khala unless your nerve cords were severed.
- Selendis: Then the impossible has happened. I can no longer sense Artanis. There is only void in the Khala where he should be...
- Zeratul: The shadow moves against us, Executor, Artanis is in grave peril.
- Selendis: You must raise an army and find him. My phase smith, Karax, will help you reestablish this nexus point. Zeratul, Save Artanis.
- Karax: Dark Prelate Zeratul, I am Karax of the Khalal Castle.
- Zeratul: Friend Karax, we must establish this nexus as quickly as possible.
- Zeratul: A void pylon. It should be able to summon my Nerazim brothers...
- Stalker: Dark Prelate, we answer your call.
- Karax: Zeratul, the zerg are moving to attack! Rally your defenses!
- Zeratul: Another! Another Void pylon!
- Stalker: We are at your service, Zeratul.
- Zealot: Zeratul... denier of Khala. Die.
- Zeratul: These Zealots had been corrupted. The hybrid must be behind this. Let us move with purpose!
- Zeratul: Executor Selendis, I had found your missing templar, but they had been corrupted... as I processed. Selendis?
- Artanis: Zeratul... I can sense your presence. The Khala is filled... with rage. My mind is being... consumed!
- Zeratul: Artanis! You must hold on... We are coming for you!
- Amon: Your lives are meaningless, purposeless. I grant you salvation!
- Zeratul: Amon... the dark god is here, on Aiur! He has wrested control of the Khala! The templar have fallen! With our nerve cords severed, only we Nerazim remain unaffected. It falls to us to halt this madness, brothers.
- Zeratul: We must reach young Artanis. I only pray that we are not too late.
- Artanis: The voices... Whisper of Oblivion... of salvation.
- Artanis: The Khala... fury... and rage!
- Artanis: Zeratul, you are alone. Do not resist the unity he brings.
- Artanis: I... I can heard his whispers...
- Zeratul: Fight, Artanis... Do not let Amon consume you.
- Artanis: Unending hatred...
- Zeratul: He has corrupted the Khala! Your nerve cords chain you to his will. They must be removed.
- Amon: No.
- Zeratul: Amon!
- Amon: This body, all protoss, are mine! I will shatter this corrupted cycle... You shall not stand against me.
- Zeratul: My life for Aiur.
- Zeratul: The Keystone... will guide you... to the xel'naga...
- Artanis: Zeratul... Forgive me.
- Artanis: Phase smith Karax, I have been looking for you.
- Karax: Artanis, praise the gods!
- Artanis: Your nerve cords... they must be removed.
- Karax: It was done by the dark templar. I am free of the Khala corruption! Are there others?
- Artanis: I have saved all that I could... Come, we must escape this world before time runs out.
- Karax: Escape? How?
- Artanis: The Spear of Adun still rests beneath the ruins of Kor-shakal. Its generators are ancient, but a phase-smith of your ability will know how to bring them online.
- Karax: The Spear of Adun. I... I am honored to have this opportunity. This is fortune we cannot ignore.
- Artanis: Indeed. Come, we must go at once!
- Karax: Hierarch, we are en route to the Spear of Adun. As long as it generators still function, I should able to bring them online. Once the Spear is fully activated, we must flee this fallen world.
- Artanis: The Spear of Adun lies dormant beneath the Heart of the Conclave. I had hoped to raised it to secure our victory against the zerg. But now it is our last hope of survival.
- Amon: Artanis... Why do you flee from your salvation?
- Artanis: Selendis... She had fallen to Amon's control. Karax, we have to bring the Spear of Adun online.
- Karax: The first cell is activating... but The remaining four have been disabled by creep.
- Artanis: We have no choice but to clear them. What of our defenses?
- Karax: Unfortunately, they had without power... However, the Spear of Adun's support systems can aid us. They will allow us to deploy pylons anywhere on the battlefield. We should deploy one here as soon as possible.
- Karax: These photon cannons can defend our nexus point, Hierarch. They require only a pylon to function. You can warp in a pylon using the Spear of Adun. Press the "Deploy Pylon" button at the top of the command screen. Our cannons will now fire upon enemies within range. If they become damaged, the shield batteries will restore their shielding.
- Artanis: These defenses will indeed be vital to our evacuation, but our first priority must be clear the power cells of creep.
- Karax: We can now transform our gateways into warp gates. This allows us to warp in warriors any area with pylon power.
- Karax: Zergling bioforms on approach our nexus. We must rally our defenses!
- Karax: I am detecting unpowered warp gates nearby. Constructing a pylon next to them would restore their power giving us an advantage. The Spear of Adun deploy pylon ability would be idea for this. Of course, our probes can always warp in pylons as well.
- Karax: The second power cell is active. The Spear's sensor array is reacting...
- Amon: Do not deny your destiny, Artanis. Your people have finally found true unity.
- Karax: Sensors online. Wait-- what is this? Warp prisms approaching our nexus point?
- Artanis: Stalkers, eliminate those warp prisms!
- Karax: Our forces had discovered a warp gate! Now, we only need to construct a pylon to power it. Warp Gate online. We can begin warping in warriors from it immediately, Hierarch.
- Karax: Another pack of zerglings is approaching our nexus from the south.
- Amon: Struggle no more... Be released from your pain!
- Artanis: Karax, I've bought another warp gate online. Prepare it for immediate use.
- Amon: All life is broken... flawed. It must be reforged.
- Karax: I would advise caution, Hierarch. You are approaching the zerg's hive cluster. It will be heavily defended.
- Amon: Every hand turns against you. Even the ground beneath your feet carries the seeds of my victory.
- Artanis: Nydus worms! Warriors, strike them down! We are not defeated yet!
- Karax: Well done, Hierarch. All of the abandoned warp gates are now under our control.
- Karax: We're almost finished, Hierarch. The Spear of Adun is nearly online! Only one cell remains.
- Amon: Enough. The end to the cycle of infinite madness has come. Cease your struggle against the salvation I bring.
- Karax: Hierarch, I'm detecting a protoss presence in that direction. That path does not lead into a power cell.
- Amon: All shall be one. All conflict shall end.
- Karax: Power transfer completed! The Spear of Adun is ready to depart.
- Artanis: Warp all Firstborn free from Amon aboard, Phase smith. We must depart this world if we are to survive.
- Karax: As you command!
- Karax: The Spear of Adun, a marvel of Khalai engineering and last of the three great arkships... each created to ensure the continuation of our culture in a dark time. Within it chambers rest contingents of Zealots... templar who bravely sacrificed entering suspension so that they may serve vessel's army. Though it pains me greatly. I have begun to severing their nerve cords. The ship's lower decks contain a starforge capable of constructing weapons of war. There is much to learn about this vessel. It technology is ancient, yet highly advanced. We are aboard a relic from a glorious time when our culture shined as constellation. The celestial array has be updated, Hierarch. From here, you may select our next point of travel.
- Artanis: With this vessel, we will avenge what has transpired, Karax. And we will free the Templar!
- Artanis: Aiur is lost once more... My great vision of reclamation left in ruins. This shall not stand. The terrans of Korhal have in their possession the Xel'naga Keystone which Zeratul foresaw would lead to our salvation. Though I have not seen commander Raynor in many solar returns, I believe he will give the Keystone to us.
- Artanis: Aiur lost once more... My grand vision of reclamation left in ruins. I have failed my people. This must not stand. The Nerazim of Shakuras ritually sever their connection to the Khala. Because of this, they are now the last free protoss. I must reach them before Amon's armies.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 2015-10-16, The first mission of StarCraft 2: Legacy of the Void (Campaign gameplay & impressions). YouTube, accessed on 2015-10-18
- ↑ 2015-10-16, StarCraft 2: Legacy of the Void — Первая миссия. YouTube, accessed on 2015-10-19
|Legacy of the Void quotations|
|Whispers of Oblivion||Aiur Missions||Spear of Adun||Moebius Corps Missions||Shakuras Missions||Ulnar Missions||Purifier Missions||Tal'darim Missions||Return to Aiur Missions||Epilogue Missions|