The subject of this article does not physically exist. It exists only as a rumor or a popular imagination but is discussed often enough to keep track of.
A StarCraft movie has often been proposed in some form or another. The purpose of this article is to record such knowledge pertaining to its possibility from official sources.
- Pre-2006, James Waugh tried to have StarCraft optioned as a movie. Chris Metzen was reciprocal to the idea.
- In 2007, Metzen was asked about the possibility of a StarCraft movie. He ventured that if such a work was made, it wouldn't be about Nova.
- In 2010, Rob Pardo commented Blizzard Entertainment could have done a StarCraft movie years ago, and that it's simply a matter of finding the right person for the job. James Cameron would be such a person in his mind. Interest in a possible movie has increased since his comments, but no studio holds the right to a movie, nor have any actors or directors been attatched yet.
- Activision Blizzard considers it "likely" that they will do a movie based on the cinematics of StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty, essentially porting them to a DVD.
- For Halloween, 2011, René Koiter of the Sons of the Storm created a mock-up movie poster. He admitted it was a joke within the same post, but expressed that "one could dream" in regards to a movie happening.
- In 2015, Activision Blizzard Studios listed the StarCraft setting as one of Blizzard Entertainment's franchises that they could develop a film for.
- ↑ 2014-12-01, BlizzCon 2014 LotV Lore Community Corner Discussion with James Waugh. YouTube, accessed on 2015-04-03
- ↑ Metzen, Chris; Chambers, Andy; StarCraft Legacy staff. 2009-04-03. BlizzCon 2007 StarCraft Lore Panel Editorial. StarCraft Legacy. Accessed 2011-08-14.
- ↑ 2010-08-31, Who Would it Take to Make a StarCraft Movie?. IGN, accessed on 2010-09-17
- ↑ 2010-09-09, IGN's Ultimate Games-to-Film Guide IGN, accessed on 2010-09-18
- ↑ 2010-09-15, Activision 'Likely' To Sell Game Cutscene Movies. IGN, accessed on 2010-09-17
- ↑ 2011-10-30, StarCraft Motion Picture Adaptation Hint or Just a Joke?. Blizzplanet, accessed on 2011-11-06
- ↑ 2015, StarCraft and Diablo movies could be on the way from Activision Blizzard Studios under new Co-President. PC Games, accessed on 2016-07-30