Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The subject of this article does not physically exist. It exists only as a rumor or a popular imagination but is discussed often enough to keep track of.
A StarCraft movie has often been proposed in some form or another. The purpose of this article is to record such knowledge pertaining to its possibility from official sources.
- Pre-2006, James Waugh tried to have StarCraft optioned as a movie. Chris Metzen was reciprocal to the idea.
- In 2007, Metzen was asked about the possibility of a StarCraft movie. He ventured that if such a work was made, it wouldn't be about Nova.
- In 2010, Rob Pardo commented Blizzard Entertainment could have done a StarCraft movie years ago, and that it's simply a matter of finding the right person for the job. James Cameron would be such a person in his mind. Interest in a possible movie has increased since his comments, but no studio holds the right to a movie, nor have any actors or directors been attatched yet.
- Activision Blizzard considers it "likely" that they will do a movie based on the cinematics of StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty, essentially porting them to a DVD.
- For Halloween, 2011, René Koiter of the Sons of the Storm created a mock-up movie poster. He admitted it was a joke within the same post, but expressed that "one could dream" in regards to a movie happening.
- In 2015, Activision Blizzard Studios listed the StarCraft setting as one of Blizzard Entertainment's franchises that they could develop a film for.
- ↑ 2014-12-01, BlizzCon 2014 LotV Lore Community Corner Discussion with James Waugh. YouTube, accessed on 2015-04-03
- ↑ Metzen, Chris; Chambers, Andy; StarCraft Legacy staff. 2009-04-03. BlizzCon 2007 StarCraft Lore Panel Editorial. StarCraft Legacy. Accessed 2011-08-14.
- ↑ 2010-08-31, Who Would it Take to Make a StarCraft Movie?. IGN, accessed on 2010-09-17
- ↑ 2010-09-09, IGN's Ultimate Games-to-Film Guide IGN, accessed on 2010-09-18
- ↑ 2010-09-15, Activision 'Likely' To Sell Game Cutscene Movies. IGN, accessed on 2010-09-17
- ↑ 2011-10-30, StarCraft Motion Picture Adaptation Hint or Just a Joke?. Blizzplanet, accessed on 2011-11-06
- ↑ 2015, StarCraft and Diablo movies could be on the way from Activision Blizzard Studios under new Co-President. PC Games, accessed on 2016-07-30