The following are quotations from the StarCraft universe.
These quotations are from out-of-universe sources.
- "The only choice is war. The only allies are enemies." -original StarCraft tagline
- Dwarven Mortar Team (Senile Dwarf): Clearly Tassadar has failed us. You must not. -WarCraft III, same as above Aldaris quote from StarCraft
- Acolyte: My life for Aiur ! ... Err, I mean Ner'Zhul.
Maps of the Week / Maps of the MonthEdit
- "Who designed this [censored] place? What [censored] "engineer" crawled out from his [censored] hole to inflict this [censored] [censored] upon my people? A [censored] platform split into two [censored] halves?
Why are there no [censored] bridges on this [censored] platform? Are we just supposed to [censored] leap off one [censored] half to the other? And to top it all off, those [censored] don't even provide enough Vespene [censored] gas for operations! [censored] this place! It's just one big [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored]!"
-Edited comments of Colonel Riley "[censored]" Bullhorn, Commander of Terran Orbital Platform G11-F3 (from the StarCraft Map of the Week Giant Steps, November 12, 1999)
- Data Entry 1027AM0440:
It looks like we've finally found a new place to call home. This planet where the Dark Templar have set up shop is very strange, though. I can get over the fact that everything here is blue -- in fact, it's actually kind of relaxing, sometimes. No, the true surrealism of this place is that I have never seen a single plant! No grass, no trees, not even a single bush to break up the landscape. All they do seem to have are lots and lots of rocks. It's damn odd...
-Personal entry of Engineer's Mate Aaren Ruth, Renegade Battlecruiser Hyperion (from the StarCraft Map of the Week Rock Gardens, November 19, 1999)
- Arbiter: (singing) On the twelfth day of Christmas, Blizzard gave to me: Twelve Arbiters,
Science Vessel: (singing) Eleven Science Vessels,
Ultralisk: (singing) Ten Ultralisks,
Battlecruiser: (singing) Nine battlecruisers,
Archon: (singing) Eight Archons Burning; Power Overwhelming; Terror All-consuming; I hate all this singing; Eight Archons Burning
Zergling: (singing) Seven zerglings swarming,
Zealot: (singing) Six zealots fighting,
Queen: (singing) Five newborn queens!
Hydralisk: (singing) Four hydralisks,
Marine: (singing) Three marines,
Wraith: (singing) Two Terran wraiths,
SCV: (singing) ...and a brand new SCV!
-(from the StarCraft Map of the Month "The Twelve Days of StarCraft", December 23, 1999)
- "I used to think that defeating the Zerg would take precise military maneuvers, clever tactics and strong leadership. I was wrong. You can't out-think the swarm, you can't out-maneuver the swarm, and you certainly can't break the morale of the swarm. I hate to admit this, but I could do my job just as well if I ordered all my men to simply shoot anything that moves."
-Colonel Ronald "Hardcore" Jackson (from the StarCraft Map of the Week Crossfire, January 7, 2000)
- "Ok. I finally asked for a [censored] transfer. For once in their [censored] [censored] lives, High [censored] Command decides to do me a [censored] favor. So I move halfway across the [censored] sector to take command of my new station. What do I [censored] find?
A [censored] [censored] more [censored] [censored] orbital platform then the last [censored] of [censored] that I was on!
Some [censored] out there is just trying to [censored] with me, that HAS to be [censored] it. What [censored], [censored], [censored], [CENSORED] decided to build a [censored] Bull's Eye into the center of the [censored] platform? Can we make possibly things a little less [censored] easy for the [censored] enemy?
-Edited comments of Colonel Riley "[censored]" Bullhorn, New Commander of Terran Orbital Platform K4-J19 (from the StarCraft Map of the Week Bull's Eye, March 3, 2000)
- Data Entry 1102AM0441:
A funny thing happened today. I watched a Protoss Templar doing what he calls "exercises." I was immediately taken back to the birthday party my mother gave me when I turned six years old. All my friends were there and there was more ice cream and cake than I could ever have thought possible. The highlight of the day, though, was the magician my mother hired as entertainment. He pulled a rabbit out of his black top hat and materialized coins out from behind the ears of my friends and, for a brief moment, I believed that magic was real. As an adult, I discovered the magic tricks that had transfixed me as a youth were just bits of misdirection and sleight of hand. I even learned a few of them to show my younger brothers and sisters. They loved those tricks, and I just wish they could see the Protoss. The Templar can do things with their minds that can only be described as real magic...
-Personal entry of Engineer's Mate Aaren Ruth, Renegade Battlecruiser Hyperion (from the StarCraft Map of the Week Mystique, April 14, 2000)
- "One day I says to Crazy Bob, 'Bob, I need a big fragging gun.' Well, that there darn Crazy Bob turns to me and says, 'Well Jimmy Jo Jameson, what color do ya want it in?' Then I says to Crazy Bob, 'Dang, Bob. You sure take good care of me!"
-Jimmy Jo Jameson, Satisfied customer (from the StarCraft Map of the Month Bazaar, April 2001)